This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Like every other collegiette™, I am in love with Stumbleupon. One of the best decisions I ever made was adding food as one my interests on the site.

Now almost every time I click the precious stumble button, a delicious recipe pops up that I am dying to try.  Out of my 73 saved favorites, at least 60 (yes 60!) are food.

Here are some of my favorite fall time recipes with a little Halloween flare to put us in holiday spirit. Happy eating!  

Surprise your trick-or-treaters with this delicious treat from Hershey’s that takes only minutes to make:

Kisses Candy Twists

Ingredients

• 1 bag small pretzels (twisted)
  • HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
  • Decorative garnishes such as: REESE’S MINI PIECES Candies, REESE’S Peanut Butter Chips, HERSHEY’S Triple Chocolate Sprinkles, REESE’S Peanut Butter Sprinkles, small holiday themed candies, nut pieces, miniture marshmallows, candied cherry pieces

Directions

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
  2. Place pretzels on ungreased cookie sheet. Place 1 unwrapped chocolate on top of each pretzel.
  3. Bake 2 to 3 minutes or until the chocolate starts to soften, but is not melting. (Do not overheat. Melted chocolate retains its shape until disturbed. Heat only until you can gently push chocolate tip down.)
  4. Remove from oven; gently press decorative garnish on top of the soft chocolate piece. Cool and serve.

Apples are definitely the fall fruit. Not only are they delicious, they are nutritious too. There are so many different recipes you can make with an apple.

Here is one of my favorites that are not something you will usually find:

Apple Cider Cups

*For the rings:
Ingredients:

• 1 large egg white
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 6 large apples, peeled
  • Canola oil for frying
  • Cinnamon and sugar

*For the icing:

• 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 – 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:

1. Whisk egg white until foamy. Whisk in the water and vanilla. Next, whisk in the flour and salt.
  2. Slice the apples into 1/2-inch thick slices. Using varying sized cutters, cut “rings” out of apple slices, discarding smallest circle containing core. 
  3. Heat oil to 375 degrees. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  4. Dip apple rings into batter and then place into the oil. Allow the apples to fry in small batches and turn frequently. Remove from the oil when golden brown and place on a paper towel. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
  5. Transfer rings to a wire rack and place the wire rack on a baking sheet. Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the rings turn crispy.
  6. Drizzle the icing over the rings and serve warm. (To make the icing, simply combine all of the ingredients and stir until combined).

This next recipe is absolutely heavenly.

Try to ignore the calories, and get ready to indulge in this serious treat:

Ultimate Halloween Peanut Butter Oreo Brownie

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 (9.9 oz) pkg white chocolate candy corn M&Ms or 1 cup Reese’s Pieces
  • 1 pkg Halloween or Double Stuffed Oreos
  • 1 Family Size (9×13) Brownie mix
  • 1/4 cup hot fudge topping

Directions:
1.    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.    Cream the butter, peanut butter, and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3-5 minutes.
3.    Add the eggs, milk and vanilla and beat until dough is light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt, and then slowly add to the mixer until the flour is just combined. Stir in M&Ms.
4.    Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray, line with wax paper, and spray with cooking spray again.
5.    Spread the cookie dough in the bottom of the dish.
6.    Top with a layer of Oreos.
7.    Mix together brownie mix, adding an optional 1/4 cup of hot fudge topping to the mix. Pour the brownie batter over the cookie dough and Oreos.
8.    Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted 2″ from the edge comes out with moist pieces clinging to it.

Finally, for something a little more savory…

Here is a delicious meal that the whole family can enjoy at dinner time:

Parmesan Roasted Potato Wedges

Ingredients:

• 3-4 medium red potatoes, cut into small wedges
  • 3 TBS olive oil
  • 1/3 C parmesan cheese (fresh is great, but expensive, so I use “shaker parm”)
  • 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • sea salt to taste

Directions:
1.    Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2.    Wash and dry the potatoes then cut each potato in half length wise, then cut each half into 4 or 5 wedges, then cut those wedges in half.
3.    In a small bowl, combine the parmesan, garlic salt, and paprika and set aside.
4.    Next, toss the potatoes and oil together in a mixing bowl then add the bowl of cheese and seasonings and stir to coat.
5.    Dump onto a cookie sheet and arrange in a single layer.
6.    Bake for about 25 minutes then remove from oven and turn over all the potatoes.Put them back in the oven for another 10 or 15 minutes until they’re sufficiently crispy and divine.

Leave a comment below with some of your favorite fall recipes!

*Sources:
Hersheys.com
MidwesternMoms.com
Kevin & Amanda
Meg Kat

Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.