The Women of the Bachelor 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

You’ve got to give him credit, Nick Viall is as tenacious as they come. Nick returned to the Bachelor this season for his fourth attempt at finding love. After being a two-time runner-up on the Bachelorette, and making an appearance at Bachelor in Paradise, Nick has decided to give it one last shot as this season’s Bachelor. With only six girls left in the running things are starting to get serious. Check out the girls still in the competition to decide for yourself who Nick will be getting down on one knee for!

Danielle M., a neonatal nurse here in Nashville, earned the first one-on-one date of the season. These two bonded over their childhood hometown in Wisconsin and Danielle opened up about a broken engagement. Since their initial one-on-one date, it doesn’t seem like Danielle and Nick have spent much time alone, so we’ll have to see whether or not their initial spark can compete with the relationships that Nick is forming with the other women.

A fan favorite, Vanessa, had a very special one-on-one with Nick aboard a zero-gravity plane. While the date started off romantic and playful, Vanessa spent the second half of the date with her face in a paper bag. Although it wasn’t the most glamorous first date, Nick stepped in like a true gentleman and even snuck in a few kisses after the motion sickness had set in… romantic or gross?

One lucky girl, Raven, got a first date in Nick’s hometown, Waukesha,WI and even met his parents. Most girls would definitely be a bit intimidated by meeting a guy’s parents on the first date, but Raven handled herself very well and it seemed like the Viall’s approved, so props to her!

After earning the first impression rose, Rachel, a tough attorney from Dallas, TX has remained a definite front-runner of this season. Nick candidly spills his strong feelings for Rachel on their first one-on-one saying, “I may be breaking rules here, but I’m super into you,”. This is definitely a relationship that I’m keeping an eye on this season.

Kristina, the girl with the beautiful Russian accent, is one that despite being somewhat of a “late bloomer” in terms of her relationship with Nick, has managed to sneak out of the shadows in the most recent episode. Nick is initially interested by how little he knew about her and after hearing about her troubled childhood in Russia, he is even more captivated by her strength and maturity.

Lastly is one contestant that has been deemed the Bachelor villain of this season, Corinne. This nanny-having, nap-taking, whipped-cream loving girl has been extremely entertaining this season but has definitely raised some eyebrows as to why Nick has kept her around for this long. Some of the women have even threatened to leave if Nick keeps her in the running, but so far he hasn’t let it get to him. I guess we’ll see whether or not Nick sees Corinne as someone he could marry, or if he is just entertaining the final days of his single life.

No matter who you’re rooting for this season, I think it’s safe to say that we’re all rooting for this to be Nick’s fourth and final season. It may be his fourth season, but this season will be his third time proposing, so I guess third time’s a charm!

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

Singer/Songwriter from Phoenix, Arizona