Thoughts During Finals Week: Narrated by Leslie Knope

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

We thought we would give you some comic relief for the most brutal point in the semester…FINALS WEEK!!! Here is Leslie Knope (the world’s most relatable and loved woman) to show you that you are not alone. This is the “Leslie Knope” breakdown of what goes through the average college student’s head while preparing for finals.

1. When it’s Monday, you pour yourself that first cup of coffee of the day, and you are feeling optimistic for the treacherous road ahead of you.

2. When your professor hands you the review guide and you realize that you are going to be tested on the material you learned back in February 

3. When you start studying, only to find that your notebook is filled with notes that you have not taken #ragrets

4. Whenever you run into a friend on campus and they ask how you are doing

5. When you run into people you know at the caf, and they try talking to you, but you just studied for 4 hours and can’t remember how to be a human

6. When you are halfway done with finals week but realize you still have to do it again the following Monday and Tuesday

7. When the librarian wakes you up from your cubicle because the library is closing

8. When you survive and thrive and finish that last final because YOU A SUPERSTAR 

I am a freshman music business major, like the majority of Belmont, from the Chicago land area. Like most people, I fell in love with Nashville's music, coffee shops, and obviously all the wall murals. I am a firm believer that one day I will marry Jim Halpert, but until that day, I will wait patiently and keep re-watching The Office. I believe that in an another life time, Amy Poehler and I would be the best of friends. I would hold out hope for this life time, but I am just waiting for her to respond to my emails. Life is good--remember that.