Most Anticipated Movies List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

The Cloverfield Paradox (2.4)

A Netflix-produced sequel to the thriller from 2016.

The 15:17 to Paris (2.9)

The true story of 3 Americans that took down a terrorist on a train to Paris.

Peter Rabbit (2.9)

James Corden voices the mischievous children’s storybook character.

Black Panther (2.16)

The first African-American superhero to get a stand-alone movie from Marvel. Historically significant, but still so much fun.

Game Night (2.23)

Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams get more than they bargained for in this comedy about a game night that gets out of hand.

Every Day (2.23)

Based on the YA novel from David Levithan, this movie explores young love and just what we will do to find it.

A Wrinkle In Time (3.9)

The children’s book gets the big-screen treatment featuring A-list stars like Chris Pine, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, and Oprah Winfrey.

The Strangers: Prey at Night (3.9)

Perfect for anyone looking to add a little suspense to their life. This sequel will have you sleeping with one eye open.

Tomb Raider (3.16)

Based on the video games, this movie will chronicle Lara Croft’s adventures. It may not be Angelina Jolie, but Alicia Vikander can hold her own.

Love, Simon (3.16)

Another book-to-movie adaptation starring Nick Robinson and 13 Reasons Why star Katherine Langford is set to be a hit. Based on the novel Simon v. the Homosapiens Agenda, this story about a boy and his struggle with coming out as gay is sure to be a tearjerker.

Ready Player One (3.29)

What is that? You want another book-to movie adaptation? Well, you’re in luck. This movie is about a teenager’s adventure in virtual reality.

Acrimony (3.30)

Don’t mess with Taraji P. Henson. The story of a scorned wife and her revenge. Empowering and thrilling.

A Quiet Place (4.6)

Jim? Is that you? The Office alum John Krasinski and his real-life wife play a couple who, along with their kids, live a life of complete silence. Why? Well, it’s terrifying.

Truth or Dare (4.13)

Lucy Hale and Tyler Posey star in this deadly game of truth or dare? Do the dare. Tell the truth. You just might survive.

Avengers: Infinity War (5.4)

Marvel fans everywhere, rejoice! One of the year’s most anticipated movies is set to be one of the best. With someone *Tom Holland* accidentally dropping some spoilers about the film, audiences are ready to see just how this mega-superhero team fairs in their next battle.

Deadpool 2 (5.18)

The still-untitled sequel will be just as raunchy and provocative as the first. Ryan Reynolds never fails to make us laugh with his sometimes childish sense of humor and comedic timing.

Solo: A Star Wars Story (5.25)

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away… there was a man who would save us all. His name… Harrison Ford. I mean… Han Solo.

Hereditary (6.8)

Reviews are calling this one of the scariest movies ever! You may want to sleep with the lights on after this one.

The Incredibles 2 (6.15)

90’s kids… Our time has finally come. 14 years after the original, our waiting has finally paid off. The Parr’s are back in action!

Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom (6.22)

Chris Pratt reprises his role as a dinosaur- training extraordinaire who continues to push his luck.

The First Purge (7.4)

The origin story of the annual Purge. This might be a little too close for comfort.

Ant-Man and the Wasp (7.6)

Evangeline Lilly takes on a new role as the Wasp. She teams up with an itty bitty Paul Rudd to kick some ass.   

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again (7.20)

The classic hit gets a sequel. Amanda Seyfried reprises her role, but this time she’s pregnant!

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Ashley Harris

Belmont '20

Ashley Harris is currently a Junior at Belmont Univerity, hailing from Hampton Roads, Virginia. She is majoring in Publishing with a minor in English Writing. She hopes to end up working at a publishing house in NYC, publishing books for children and young adults. She has an affinity for the Christmas/Holiday season, punk rock music, and cool tattoos. You can find her in the nearest bookstore or petting the nearest dog. She also has an ESA resuce cat named Luna!