Just Belmont Things: 10 Truths of Being A Bruin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Being a Bruin looks a little bit different for every student depending on your major, the clubs you’re in, your circle of friends, etc. While everyone’s 4 years aren’t exactly the same, there are definitely some things that every Belmont student has experienced and can relate to.

You’ve developed a new love for Lucky Charms. Whether it’s convo hour and the caf isn’t serving food, or it’s dinner time and the meatloaf is looking a little questionable, Lucky Charms are always there when you need them.

The level of panic you experience when MyBelmont crashes during registration. You wake up early, get on your laptop and count down the seconds until class registration opens and right when it goes live, the website decides to crash. There goes your chance at avoiding 8 am’s.

Contantly posting aesthetic pics of Belmont’s campus. Half of your instagram is probably filled with pictures of campus because you just want to show off how pretty your campus is.

The caf food is miraculously delicious on preview days. When you walk into the caf on preview days and are simultaneously really excited and really frustrated, because why don’t they cook like that for us??

You have no idea what the building next to McAlister’s is. You’ve never seen anyone go in or out and no one’s ever said anything about it, so who even knows what’s in there.

Waiting in line indefinitely to get your BUID scanned after a convo. We’ve all been late to class because we waited in line for an eternity just to get convo credit, because God knows we are not leaving ’til we get it. Seriously Belmont, you should definitely invest in a few more scanners.

Running out of declining points during the semester because the caf closes at 8pm. We all know the struggle of eating Chik-fil-A way too often just because the caf is closed by the time you get out of class, or work, or a club meeting.

You know that Propel Water does not taste like water. It’s great that we’re “bottle-free campus” and all, but when you forget your water bottle and are forced to drink Propel water, it’s not fun.

When it’s past practice hours but all the practice rooms are taken. At least they’re working on some new practice rooms for us Music Majors, but in the meantime, just try not to get written up when you secretly jam out in your dorm during quiet hours.

Awkwardly trying to look busy because all the equipment is being used in the gym. Needless to say, we definitely could use a bigger gym on campus.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

Singer/Songwriter from Phoenix, Arizona