How To Make An Effective To-Do list

Posted -

Ever feel overwhelmed? Yeah, me too. But to-do lists help greatly! Here’s my method of making a very effective to-do list that will cut the BS and help you get things done!

Step One: Write Your To-Do List

Get all those tasks out of your head and onto paper!

Step 2: Write the date that these tasks need to be done by/ the due date

Step 3: Write the amount of time you think each task will take (always over-estimate the time)

Step 4: Based on the due date and the amount of time each item will take, prioritize the items with an A, B, or C

A = urgently need to get done

B = important, but can wait

C = can wait a while before it has to get done

Step 5: Number the list. Most important A1, second most important A2, etc. until every task in your list is prioritized

Step 6: Re-write your to-do list in order from most important to least important (aka the order in which the items need to get done

Step 7: Get it done!

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

About The Author

Jordan is a double major in entrepreneurship and economics at Belmont University. She is a Nashville native who loves exploring the coffee shops in Nashville. She is also a singer-songwriter who enjoys playing at venues around town . Her favorite pastimes include making music with friends, vlogging, yoga, traveling, videography, and writing.

Editor's Note

Are you an aspiring journalist or just looking for an outlet where you can share your voice? Apply to write for Her Campus!

User login