Why I Gave You the BC Look Away

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

We all know the BC Look Away is a very common occurrence on campus, but have you ever wondered why?  Here is a very carefully researched list of the top reasons why I gave you the BC Look Away.

1.     I’m in a bad mood.

2.     I forgot to respond to your last text.

3.     You were rude to my best friend.

4.     I overslept and didn’t have time to put makeup on, so I don’t want you to look at me.

5.     I haven’t had my coffee yet, and human interaction is the last thing on my mind right now.

6.     I know we had a drunken heart-to-heart, but I have no idea what I said to you.

7.     I’m in a rush.

8.     Small talk makes me uncomfortable.

9.     I’m too busy reading a Her Campus BC article on my phone to notice you.

10.   If I don’t send this text message right this very second, something terrible might happen.

11.   There was something in my eye.

12.   I can’t tell if you’re looking at me, or the person behind me.

13.   I’m too stressed out to acknowledge your presence.

14.   I’m super hungry, and I know that if I don’t book it to Eagles, the lines will be ridiculous.

15.   I just don’t really like you.  Sorry!

Photo Sources:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/48a43e25d607f3ac071ccdd3aeddd715/tumblr_mgkvygHowT1r7nx5no1_1280.jpg

http://harsharajgatty.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/ignore-me.jpg

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.