Where to Buy Your Spring Break Bikini

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

It’s time to start the countdown Collegiettes; Spring Break 2014 is only a few weeks away. And whether your destination is Cancun, Miami, Punta Cana or even Breckenridge (hot tubs, anyone?), you need a bikini. As a total shopaholic, I’ve comprised a list of several online stores where you can find good bikinis for this very occasion. Because seriously, who wants to physically go bikini shopping during the Boston winter?

1. Triangl: Okay, so I’ve been absolutely obsessed with these bikinis for quite some time now. And now I finally have the perfect excuse to buy one! Triangl, the Australian swimwear and lingerie company, brings back the classic triangle bikini with a stylish twist. And if you don’t like triangle bikinis, they also offer other shapes and styles. These bikinis range from a series of bold colors to animal prints. However, starting at around $79 per bikini, they tend to be a bit pricey. If you do decide to take the plunge and splurge, I promise you won’t regret it.

2. Victoria’s Secret: This is definitely one of the best places to look for bikinis. One of the reasons it’s so popular is because you can really get your sizing right. On most of the bikinis, you can pick if you want a 34C or 36DD, just like you would pick a bra. And if you decide you’re ready to go full out Brazilian, you can choose to purchase a “cheekier” bottom. But if that’s not your thing, they also have more conservative bottoms. Basically, the shopping experience is very tailored to your needs.

3. Wildfox: I’m already obsessed with Wildfox clothing, but their swimwear is on a whole other level. If you consider yourself to be a little more daring when it comes to fashion, this is definitely the place to buy your bikini. They have all different styles and patterns of bikinis. Warning: the stranger the shape of the bikini, the more potential it has to be unflattering!

4. Forever 21: If you think you will only be wearing your bikini for Spring Break, you might want to consider a cheaper alternative. Forever 21 offers many stylish bikinis that any Collegiette can afford.

5. Shopbop: Another great place to purchase a bikini is Shopbop. This online shop has many different brands, styles and colors so you are guaranteed to find the right bikini for you.

Happy shopping!

Photo Sources:

http://www.lizzyvdligt.com/2013/08/triangle-swimwear.html

http://dm.victoriassecret.com/product/404×539/V355123_EDIT_HY558.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/7f/36/2f/7f362f66abde53091cfa8ba3…

Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."