Vote Cuties Debbie and Chris for RHA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

This week the all you lucky readers get a two for one! There are two campus cuties to read about this week. We have Chris Foley and Debbie Jean Philippe. Chris and Debbie are ecstatic to be featured this week because they are up for election in the RHA race for Co-Presidents. This dynamic duo is hard at work coming up with a game plan for their hopefully new positions. Let me be the first to say that their well-structured and very detailed plan is sure to amaze fellow Eagles. It promises to bring forth an exciting academic year. The team hopes to collaborate with multiple committees on campus to bring a number of fun events to fruition. They also have a strong belief in organizing the community outreach programs and revamping it for more relevant and current issues that affect the community. April 9th is going to be an important day, don’t forget to get your own say! Keep reading to learn some of the more personal fun facts about Chris and Debbie. Both of them are involved in some many activities and spend their days really connecting with BC and embodying the BC spirit of leadership, community involvement, and stewardship. This week’s campus cutie is sure to impress, so enjoy the two for one special!

The Basics:

Name: Chris Foley & Debbie Jean-Philippe

Hometown: Fairfield, CT & Waltham, MA

School/Year: Chris: CSOM ’16 Debbie: Gotta love it, CSOM’16

Major: Chris: Finance and Information Systems, Theology Minor Debbie: Accounting and Finance, Pre-Law Track

Siblings? At BC?: Chris: 5 Siblings. 2 older sisters, 1 older brother (BC ’13), and 2 younger brothers Debbie: 2 older sisters!

BC Life:

Activities/Clubs: Chris: Previously member of Jenks Leadership Program, Frosh.0 Mentoring Program, Co-Chair of Sophomore Leadership Council, Member of Residence Hall Association, Orientation Leader Debbie: Jenks Leadership Program, former member of Sophomore Leadership Council, Student Admission Program (Tour Guide and Panelist), Undergraduate Government of Boston College Senator,  Member of Women in Business, Bellarmine Pre-Law Society, Accounting Academy and most importantly Director of Finance for Residence Hall Association.

Best class: Chris: The Problem of Belief in Modernity with Father Himes Debbie: Pulse with Professor McMenamin, hands down one of my best BC experience!

Worst class: Chris: Operations Debbie: Calculus…. disgusting

Bapst or O’Neill: The duo disagreed on the best place within O’Neill to study, some healthy disagreement!

Favorite place to eat: Eagle’s Nest – They agree on this one!

Biggest pet peeve: Chris: People who are rude to waiters (speaking as a former service industry member) Debbie: same as Chris (it sucked)

Favorite quality in a person: Chris: Ability to listen Debbie: Humor

Favorite TV show: Chris: Game of Thrones Debbie: Currently The Following with Kevin Bacon

Favorite movie: Chris: Good Will Hunting Debbie: Radio with Cuba Gooding Junior

Girl crush: Chris: Amanda Bynes pre-meltdown Debbie: Blake Lively is the ultimate Bae.

Celeb dream date: Chris: Jennifer Aniston (Love has no age) Debbie: Jackson Avery from Greys

Coffee or tea: Chris: Coffee Debbie: Venti Carmel Frappuccino no whip cream, with extra caramel sauce in the cup and on top

What superpower would you want?: Chris: Teleportation Debbie: Running… really fast

Dream job: Chris: NFL QB (Dream is still alive) Debbie: Wedding or Event Planner

Favorite BC sport: Chris: Intramural Volleyball Debbie: Hockey!!

Favorite hangout spot on campus: Chris: Hillside Debbie: hanging out with Chris in Hillside

Fun Facts: 

Birth sign: Chris: Capricorn I think Debbie: Taurus, completely random but I was born on Mother’s Day!

Ideal date: Chris: Dinner and a Show. Went to Improv Asylum recently and had a blast. Debbie: Completely agree with Chris on this, dinner and a comedy show.

Deal breakers: Chris: Must love dogs Debbie: Must love cats. Awk.

Advice to freshmen: Chris: GPA is just a number, be someone who people will want to work with. Also the Steak and Cheese at lower is not a high source of protein. Debbie: It’s tempting to do and follow what everyone else is doing but always make sure that you are following something that you are passionate about and not doing anything that contradicts your true values and beliefs.

Favorite food: Chris: Chicken Parm Debbie: Pasta! Any type of pasta!

Night owl or morning person?: Chris: Night Owl Debbie: Morning Person

Favorite ice cream flavor: Chris: Cookie Monster from White Mountain Debbie: Brownie Batter (Addie’s I see you)

Single/Taken: Chris: Taken (sorry ladies) Debbie: Single… but in a long and confusing relationship with all my Accounting classes

This was just a little snapshot of this winning team. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that they will be in charge of RHA next year. Good luck guys! Want to learn more about these campus cuties? Check out their website. I’m really rooting for you guys.

Niloufar is a senior at Boston College, majoring in French and English.