Reasons Why I Don’t Hate Anne Hathaway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Disclaimer: This is meant as a piece of satire.  It is very true that I love Anne Hathaway, but I do respect the opinions of others.

For some reason, it seems as though everyone has been seriously hating on my girl, Anne Hathaway.  From her looks to her performance in Les Mis, people have been having a straight up field day making fun of her.  Well, don’t worry, Princess of Genovia, I still have your back.  Here are my top five reasons why I don’t hate Anne Hathaway.

1. She can play basically any movie role.

Hathaway is incredibly versatile in the types of characters she can play.  She can be funny, like in “The Princess Diaries” or “Valentine’s Day,” but she can also be serious, like in “Les Misérables” and “Love and Other Drugs.”  (Maybe I was the only one who actually saw that?)  She clearly deserves some respect in the acting arena, simply because of her wide range of emotions.

2. Two Words: Bride. Wars.

If you did not like the movie “Bride Wars,” I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are not an actual person.  I realize this is a bold statement, especially because I don’t know if anyone really liked it, but I’m standing by what I said. 

3. Fun fact: She is actually pretty, regardless of what certain people are saying.

Why do people constantly say Anne Hathaway isn’t pretty? I get it: “Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion.”  Okay, great, but sometimes opinions are wrong.  I mean, objectively speaking, she is good looking.  She has really nice hair, a great figure, perfect skin, and really white teeth.  That sounds like an equation for attractiveness.

(She could even rock some facial hair.  Think about that.)

4. She handles rude commentary really well.

I’m just going to put this out there: if anyone ever talked about me like bloggers talk about Anne Hathaway, I would pull a Britney Spears and start swinging an umbrella around.  People are mean for literally no apparent reason.  Anne seems like a nice, down-to-earth, hardworking gal.  Okay, so you don’t think she’s a great actress, that doesn’t mean you can go on a rant about her character.  According to my mom, if you don’t have anything nice to say, you shouldn’t say anything at all.  So, there!

5. SHE IS THE PRINCESS OF GENOVIA.

I know I already mentioned this, but come on people!  She is a princess.  Are you a princess?  No.  No, I don’t think you are.  That means she wins.

Photo Sources:

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Anne-Hathaway-anne-hathaway-548747_1137_1600.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ErgQwbUSpNo/UNn5cqH_Z4I/AAAAAAAAAak/tUciIyTR-H8/s1600/anne_hathaway_mustache.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maym9kuhAL1r2ufijo1_500.jpg

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.