The New CW Must Watch Show: Reign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

The dictionary defines a guilty pleasure as “something, such as a movie, television program, or piece of music that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard.” And I have to say the new CW TV show Reign is exactly that. And now I am attempting to make it my “un-guilty” pleasure by telling you all about it. Okay so it’s basically a show about Mary Queen of Scots when she moves to France to marry the prince. However, things are not so simple when she arrives there. Not only is the prince unsure if marrying into Scotland is in France’s best interest, but also a potential love triangle ensues. The prince’s illegitimate brother has also fallen for Mary. Oh and Mary’s life is in danger as many unknown enemies attempt to sabotage her right to the throne.

Warning: do not use this show to study for your history class. This show is really fun to watch because it does a modern take on history. But, as you may have noticed this means it’s probably not very accurate but hey who cares. With a lot of drama and romance, it’s fun to watch. The show also has some mystical elements to it, which only add to the suspense. So my suggestion is to give this show a try because it’s a game changer. Seriously.   

Don’t believe me? See for yourself!

Sources:

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum