My Underappreciated Love for Food Delivery

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.
In a perfect world, such thing would exist where I could enjoy food whenever and wherever I wanted; in sweats, in pajamas, rocking messy hair and makeup from last night, with as few steps as possible. Some people call it laziness; I call it enjoying food comfortably. So shout out to all the food delivery service, because you make the world a more perfect place.

Everyone has one of those days. You know the ones where you sleep in until one in the afternoon, and even after sleeping ten hours, you still feel incredibly exhausted? When your roommate tries to wake you up, and the only sound you can make is a groan, because you are just too tired to talk? On these days, the walk to Mac seems way longer than it actually is. So in avoidance of the extensive walk, you look to see what food you have in your room, which probably isn’t a large selection.

Sometimes it’s one of those days where the brisk cold prevents you from leaving the warmth of your covers. The insulation from your blankets sucks you in, keeping you safe from the 30 degree weather, which is not even as bad as it gets. If only you could have warm food delivered right to your door, where you don’t even need to go outside.

And sometimes, it’s just one of those days where no explanation is necessary. Everyone knows these types of days and one of the best things on one of these days would be warm, non-dining hall food in the comfort of your sweatpants, sound of TV and own bed.

While I had used food delivery services at home, it just doesn’t compare to the times I have ordered at college. While I’m home, I get to enjoy my mom’s nice, traditional Italian dinners almost every night, so delivery service isn’t really essential. However at college, when I have grilled chicken and vegetables ($10.99!!!) every single night, food delivery is basically a savior. I mean, I think the choice is pretty obvious: fresh sushi for seven dollars or mediocre salmon for fifteen dollars?

So if you are too exhausted to walk to the dining hall, too cold to leave your bed, or just too fed up with dining hall food, go on your computer (which is probably right next to you anyway) and order some food because I can guarantee that you won’t regret it.

Photo Sources

Adrianna is a freshman majoring in psychology on a pre-med track at Boston College. She is really passionate about health and fitness and is trying to make it in Boston as a New York Sports fan. She can be found yelling at the TV a little too loudly when hockey is on, eating honey crisp apples, drooling over dylan o brien, or convincing people, that despite her 5'0 height, she is really 18 years old.
Emily Boches is currently a student at Boston College, majoring in Communications with a minor in Philosophy. She is also hoping to become a Veterinarian in the future. Emily is originally from Massachusetts, just 30 minutes outside of Boston. Her small city lies right on the coast where the beach is no more than 2 minutes away. She spends her free time getting addicted to shows on Netflix (it happens to the best of us), napping, and taking Buzzfeed quizzes.