Meet the Girls in Gold: Dance Team Juniors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

This article is the second installment in an ongoing series about the Boston College Golden Eagles Dance Team (BCGEDT). Find the other articles here.

As a reminder, if you’ve been to a home football game, you’ll recognize the ladies in the white boots and gold dresses. As part of the Screaming Eagles Marching Band, these ladies go past the stands, the sidelines, and the endzones in order to showcase their talents on the entire football field during Halftime. For the next installment in “Meet the Girls in Gold,” get to know the BCGEDT juniors!

Left to right: Megan Lang, Anne Wilder

Not pictured: Martha Reis

Anne Wilder

Favorite Band Moment: “My favorite moment with the Golden Eagles was performing for the President at the Inaugural Parade! I loved representing BC at such a prestigious event.”

Hometown: Garden City, NY

School/Major: Accounting and Information Systems

Activities/Clubs: Golden Eagles Dance Team, Vocalist and Student Executive Board Member of BC bOp!, Student Admissions Program

Worst class: Principles of Economics with Tresch… It wasn’t pretty.

Single/Taken: Taken

Deal breakers: A good sense of humor is necessary; no one should take anything too seriously!

Favorite spot on campus: The Rat!

Advice to freshmen: There is something for everyone here, so don’t be afraid to try everything out so you can find your special place at BC (everyone has one!).

Martha Reis

Favorite Band Moment: “Definitely doing the Ice Bucket Challenge with Brad Bates! He’s been an amazing addition to BC and has done so much for our school. Being able to participate in his Ice Bucket Challenge for a fellow Eagle, Pete Frates, meant so much to our team! I loved being part of the surprise reveal—it was so much fun! “

Hometown: St. Louis, MO

School/Major: Psychology

Activities/Clubs: Golden Eagles Dance Team, RHA, ModelMe, UGBC  

Best class: Anything at 8am, of course. 

Deal breakers: Cat people

Ideal date: Walking through Boston Common together

Biggest pet peeve: how Bostonians say my name: “Mahtha”

Celeb crush: Zac Efron

Megan Lang

Favorite Band Moment: “I loved going to Washington D.C. to perform in the 2013 Inaugural Parade! Being invited to perform in a such a once-in-a-lifetime experience was nothing short of amazing, and we met so many other great groups from around the country!” (Video can be found here)

Hometown: Claymont, DE

School/Major: Biochemistry major/Hispanic studies minor, Pre-Veterinary

Activities/Clubs: Last year I started going to Full Swing’s swing lessons and dance socials with a few of my friends, and now I’m actually in the club! It’s a way different style of dance but it’s so much fun! 

Upper or Newton: Upper (shout out to the 2nd floor of Gonzaga)!

Deal breakers: Smoking

Ideal date: Going to a concert or somewhere at the beach

Biggest pet peeve: People who fish for compliments

Fun fact: I just ran my first marathon a couple weeks ago! 

There are two more home football games this year: BC vs. Louisville on Saturday, November 8th, and BC vs. Syracuse on Saturday, November 29th. Don’t miss these opportunities to see the BCGEDT girls finish their season strong!

Meaghan Leahy is a 21-year-old native New Yorker and senior at Boston College, whose hips only sometimes lie. When she's not wishing she were as honest as Shakira, she can be found running, Band-ing, or public speaking; in addition to writing for HC BC, she is a member of the Screaming Eagles Marching Band, Word of Mouth, and loves a good lap (or two, or five) around the Res. Meg is passionate about running and fitness, is a trained lifeguard, and works at the campus gym Equipment Desk. A highlight of her Boston College career thus far was being a TA for Intro to Feminisms. She has interned at both Anthropologie and the Supreme Court in Brooklyn, New York, so even though she is pursuing a Communication and English double major with a Women's and Gender studies minor, she is still trying to map it all out. She really, really hopes to graduate with a real job and everything. Please hire her, despite her severe Diet Coke addiction. Her redeeming skills and qualifications can be found on her LinkedIn account.
I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.