Meet Campus Cutie Madeleine Sims!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is the hilarious Madeleine Sims! I may be biased (she’s my roomie), but she’s one of the best musicians—and people —here at BC. Keep reading to get to know Mad!

The Basics

Name: Madeleine Sims

Hometown: Grafton, MA

School/Year: Arts & Sciences 2016

Major: Music, Film Studies minor

BC Life

Activities/Clubs: BAND in the forms of: Marching Band, Pep Band, Symphonic Band, bOp! 

check me out playing the trombone

Best class: Chromatic Harmony with TOL (Thomas Oboe Lee for those who have yet to experience this fantastic part of the Music Dept)

Worst class: Perspectives III: I really liked the professor, I just had ABSOLUTELY no idea what was going on 95% of the time because I didn’t know I was taking a class meant for Perspectives majors. Don’t ask me how I got an A- because I honestly have no clue

Bapst or O’Neill: the ERC (pronounced urk) because they give me candy

Favorite place to eat on campus: Eagles’ Nest because I like watching awkward people like myself not know what to do with themselves while they wait in 50ft lines for cold chicken breast served on various forms of bread. 

One thing you’re most excited about for senior year: Finally getting around to trading in my Class of 2017 Superfan shirt for a Class of 2016 Superfan shirt (shoutout to all the transfer students out there who don’t have their own class’s slogan) #OneYearOfHousing

Most embarrassing moment: Considering I usually choose to embarrass myself, unsure. For the amusement of HC readers: once at work I forgot about a customer I thought I had put on hold. After helping the person on the other line, I returned to a conversation with my coworker about my pet donkey. Turns out I had left the customer on the line and not actually on hold. She called back and asked me how my donkey was. 

Fun fact: When I was little, I thought that school buses had to stop at railroad crossings to let homeless people on. Still not sure why I thought homeless people only hung out at railroad crossings, or where I got this idea considering I never had to share my cracked green seat with a hobo. Also still unsure why buses have to stop at railroad crossings. 

Favorite movie: It is literally impossible for me to answer this question without a specific genre. HOWEVER, some favorites include True Grit, The Aristocats, and Harold & Maude.

Favorite TV show: Scrubs and Gilmore Girls 

Celeb crush: Heath Ledger (King Rupert may he rest in peace)

Dream job: Film scoring/sound-tracking

Favorite BC sport: WOMEN’S BBALL

Favorite hangout spot on campus: I think everyone who knows me would say the Rat, but I actually really enjoy the Yellow Room in Mac 

Relationship status: Single 

Ideal guy: Witty humor & carbs are the way to my heart. 

Ideal date:  **see above

Deal breakers:  People who take themselves way too seriously; also closed-minded folk. 

Advice to freshmen: When you have something funny to say, say it loudly. If you talk quietly, people will steal your jokes and you will get mad. 

So next time you’re in the Rat or the ERC, say hi to Mad (and make sure you really listen when she talks)!

BC Senior, Future High School Teacher. Lover of laughing, Diet Coke, friends and family, pandas, peanut butter, and the BCMB.
Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.