Meet Campus Cutie Abby Campbell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Meet Campus Cutie Abby Campbell! You can find this blonde girl walking around campus with a smile on her face. Super bubbly and out-going, Abby is always willing to sit down and talk to anyone. You may recognize her from her favorite spin class with Consuelo or from her involvement in Ascend. Keep reading below to find out more about this incredible young woman!

The Basics

Name: Abby (Gail) Campbell

Hometown: Northborough, MA

School/Year: A&S 2016

Major: Communications, Minor: Hispanic Studies, Women and Gender Studies

BC Life

Activities/Clubs: Ascend

Best Class: Courage to Know with Sue Roberts

Worst Class: Perspectives (but no regrets)

Bapst or O’Neill: Neither, futon in my room is preferable

Favorite Place to Eat: A booth in Stuart on a Saturday morning, but since I’m no longer a Freshman, my off-campus kitchen because I don’t have a meal plan   

Hockey or Football: Football Tailgates, Hockey Games

Favorite hangout spot on campus: The Plex

One thing you are most excited about for senior year: Coming back to campus after being abroad and, hopefully, having freshmen think I’m cool

Fun Fact: I’ve attended YMCA Camp Coniston for 10 years and worked there for the past 4 summers -best thing I’ve ever done with my life. I’m a proud member of team No Summer Internship.  

Dream Job: News Anchor, but never going to happen because my voice is too raspy (My high school Gymnastics Team voted me “Most Likely to be the Next Katie Couric”)

Relationship Status: Single and thrilled about it

Ideal Date: Something laid back and ending somewhere I can eat frozen yogurt

Favorite BC Memory: Freshmen year Nemo weekend when we were stuck on Newton and my friends and I hosted a pre-game while all wearing bath robes.

Advice to freshmen: RELAX! Everyone at this school is far too uptight – college is supposed to be fun! Skip class every once in a while, it’s good for the soul.

Next time you see Abby walking to class or running around the Res, make sure you say hi!

Shannon is currently in her junior year at BC.  She is majoring in Elementary Education and English, hoping to one day teach in an urban school.  Originally from Hopkinton, MA, one of Shannon's favorite things to do is tell people that her hometown is the start of the Boston Marathon - it's claim to fame!  In her free time, you can find Shannon cuddled up somewhere with her adorable giraffe-spotted mug.
I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.