This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

On September 8, Lululemon created an event on Facebook “Boston Warehouse Sale (Beantown Throwdown)”. In only one month, over 19,000 people RSVP’d to this event. NINETEEN THOUSAND. I RSVP’d on Facebook and ever since, I slowly waited for Saturday the 17th to arrive. I love Lululemon, but low-key begin to hate myself for spending so much money. Lululemon Warehouse Sales are rare and each year they pick a new city for their sale location; Boston clearly was ready for the sale this year.

The Warehouse Sale this past weekend began on Thursday with a special “VIP” event that my roommate was invited to. When I think “VIP,” I think small and intimate. The ironic part of this event was the “avoid the lines all weekend,” when, in reality, lines were longer for the VIP event than the actual event. I went to the sale Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

On Thursday ,the VIP event started at 6pm. My roommate and I went to Hynes Convention Center, and stood in a line of around 300 people at 5:20 pm. At 6:00 pm, the waiting area was full, and there was already a line outside of this area for the sale. We were able to get into the sale at 6:10 pm, since the workers started to let people in at 5:50 pm. The waiting area was a mix of college students, business men in suits, moms (typical), and the few teens who could snag their parents’ credit card after school. While inside, it was pure madness. It was not Black-Friday-at-Walmart crazy, but it was getting there. The music during the event was great pump-up music, but, for shopping, I felt that the music was a bit loud. The MC continuously repeated to everyone: “grab everything and go” and “you only have thirty minutes,” which aren’t the best mottos for shopping. I spent an hour taking my time looking around because, honestly, no one likes shopping under pressure. I ended up leaving with a few pairs of crops, some cute tops, a pair of shorts, among other items. Essentially….

My Saturday visit to the sale was not planned, but while in Boston, I figured I might as well go back and see what they had. They claimed to be restocking all throughout the sale, but that was probably what they said to draw more people to the sale. Everything was very picked over. I found two tanks that I liked and I got two beanies which were 2 for $10, but I wasn’t crazy about my purchases.

On Thursday, the prices for the Warehouse Sale were higher than any other. On Thursday, their Cocoon Coat was $99, but, when I returned on Sunday, it was on sale for $9. By Sunday afternoon, everything at the end of the sale was priced at $9. The sale ended three hours earlier than expected, at 5 pm instead of 8pm. During this shopping trip, things were picked over, but for the price I paid, I ended up leaving with a lot of items. I got the comfiest cardigan with 3 other items for $100, so $25 for each item was a pretty awesome deal. My best find was the Cocoon Coat, which I mentioned earlier, for $9! I still can’t believe how great of a find that was. Overall, the employees at the sale were full of energy and really helpful. One employee was helping me look for a pair of pants in a specific style for me, and he didn’t seem angry or stressed like employees usually are at a crazy sale. This sale allowed me to stock up on my Lululemon gear for essentially the rest of my life. Although it was crazy, it was a memorable sale for sure.

Sources:

https://www.facebook.com/lululemon/photos/gm.488173774675845/10153302353247732/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=525156967642170&set=gm.499769146849641&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153426612522284&set=p.10153426612522284&type=3

http://www.rantchic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/tumblr_mx6t7putkg1qcm0m3o1_5001.gif

Vanessa is a senior at Boston College studying Economics and Communications. She is proud to be the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Boston College!        
Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.