This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Dear Leggings,

Although I have had some of the best times of my life with you by my side, I think the time has come when we need to break up. This definitely is not going to be easy for me, but I have realized that you have been secretly changing me and I just cannot take it anymore.

One of the main reasons we have to split up is spring break is approaching. Since I have become accustomed to wearing you everyday, I have slowly realized that you will love me no matter what size I am. Even though this may seem like what every girl wants, I soon realized after struggling to get my favorite jeans past my thighs that this might not be such a good thing. The way you stretch and comfort my body needs to stop. Every time we are together I fall for your games and tend to overeat resulting in a terrible stomach ache and an increase in weight. You need to understand that I need to be spring break ready and I will not be able to do so if we continue this relationship.

Another issue I have with you is you have put me through some very embarrassing moments. Don’t think I forgot about when you turned see-through with no warning. As I proudly strutted our relationship on campus, you made me feel cheap and naked.

Lastly, I feel like I need to explore other options. I used to be fashionable, but since we have been together I find myself wearing sweatshirts every time I am with you. I let myself go. The time has come where I need to embrace other pieces of clothing and turn into the stylish person I once was.

I am sorry for this sudden breakup, but this will be way harder on me than it is for you. I will try to keep my distance because this is what is best for me and I have to put myself first. But I want you to remember I will always love you…

Photo Sources: 

http://makeameme.org/meme/stop-trying-to-d995qi

I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.