Grammy’s Glam: Fashion Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

This year’s Grammy Awards was like one universal bow-down to a woman’s curves. Plunging necklines, hip-hugging gowns, and floor grazing hem lines showed off the bodies Beyoncé, Nicki Minaj, and Lady Gaga work so hard for. Although, working out must be easier when you don’t have to sweat your face off at the Plex. Anyways, at least we can drool over their couture gowns and cry tears of pure bliss during Queen B’s heavenly—really, I think she’s from heaven—performance of “Take My Hand.”

Here are our favorite outfits from the 2015 Grammy Awards:

Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga used to be the most outrageously dressed star at the Grammy’s (please recall Lady Gaga ‘hatching’ from an egg in 2011), but this year she ramped up the sexy and toned down the bizarre in a form-fitting silver, scallop-beaded Brandon Maxwell gown. She looked glamorous and elegant, and donned silver-hued hair and striking emerald necklace by Lorraine Schwartz.

Nicki Minaj

In a similar fashion, Nicki Minaj played up her drool-worthy curves in a deep-V, black Tom Ford gown that featured a fringed, black sequined bottom sweeping the floor. Her strappy Giuseppe Zanotti heels, natural makeup (Hello, most perfect cat eye ever!), and slicked back hair complemented her va-va-voom dress beautifully.

Kim Kardashian-West

So, because the Grammy Awards are about music, I would prefer to keep this short list reserved for musicians; however, Kim K. looked so gorgeous in her intricate, bronzed Jean Paul Gaultier gown that I think it’d be bad karma to exclude her. The gown featured starbursts of metallic beading on the shoulders, cuffs, and pockets (Yes, there were pockets on a Gaultier gown and it was amazing). The high slit and waist-dipping neckline showed off her curves while her shoulder-length, side-swept hair framed her perfectly sultry makeup.

Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift isn’t as curvy as the other three ladies above, but her teal, A-line Elie Saab gown was show stopping. I wasn’t a huge fan of the fuschia Giuseppi Zanotti heels, but T. Swift is adorable so if she wants to wear teal and fuschia together then so be it. The high-low design allowed her to show off her perfectly bronzed and toned legs, and Lorraine Schwartz jewels brought out her blue-green eyes.

This year’s Grammy Awards saw a lot of black gowns, jumpsuits (Check out Jane Fonda’s emerald jumpsuit), and plunging necklines. Lady Gaga is over her egg-phase, Nicki Minaj gave up her head-to-toe cheetah ensemble, and all is well in the world of fashion.

Niloufar is a senior at Boston College, majoring in French and English.