5 Fun Things to Do on the T

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Boston College students are always in over their heads with activities.  Whether they are participating in 4Boston, Pulse, or Big Brother, Big Sister, the BC community is busy; and travel is an inevitable part of extracurricular activities.  What better way to travel than the T? It’s quick, it’s cheap and we have our own stop. 

As quick as the T is, sometimes it requires a trans-Boston trip.  On the D line, the travel time from Reservoir to Lechmere is over an hour.  While this can be a great time to get some work done, it is also an opportunity to have fun.  Below are five great ways to zone out and give your mind a break in between school and extracurricular activities.

1. My Fashion Assistant app: The name speaks for itself.  This app is just plain awesome.  Girls can enter various clothing items into their phones and then create outfits based on the electronic inventory.  You simply upload photos of your clothing and press “Mix and Match.”  The App will then generate various outfits and you can pick the ones that you like best.  This app will occupy your time for a month, at least. 

2.The Alphabet Game: You played it as a kid, but it still pertains today.  The T is filled with all sorts of interesting people doing all sorts of wild things.  If you can’t fill up the alphabet within half an hour, start getting creative and pay attention to the world outside of the T.  This is a great way to get off of your phone and start observing the world around you!

3. Yelp: Use Yelp on the B and C lines.  These routes are jam packed with restaurants that are begging to be tried.  Elephant Walk, Rani and Brown Sugar are all within eyesight of the T.  Download Yelp and see if any of these restaurants are actually worth a stop!

4.The Guessing Game:  This one is simple.  Guess where everyone is going.  It’s amazing what you will discover simply by looking and listening-in (in a non-creepy way of course).  The guy in a Hawaiian shirt may be going to an interview, or the girl in high heels may be on her way to the gym.

5. Photo Chop: This is a laugh out loud app.  You upload a picture of you or one of your friends to the app and it generates a new background based on the picture.  Typically the setting will come out completely random and absolutely hilarious.  If you are comfortable with bursting into laughter around complete strangers, this is the app for you.

Photo Source:

http://urbanhabitat.org/files/images/Tsign.jpg

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.