This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

It’s that time of the year again, the awkward yet jam-packed weeks before February break. A time where it may feel like your professors give out assignments and paper like candy on Halloween. Everyone needs a break and a chance to unwind, so here are some foolproof ways to relax:

Keep Your Face Looking Flawless

A face mask never hurt anyone. In this evolving face market, there are so many options for the kind of face mask you can choose, from peel off to paper masks, the opportunities are endless.

Our personal fav is the Amazonian Acai from Leaders Cosmetics.

Add Some Color to Your Nails

There’s nothing better than looking down at fresh coat of nail polish. This season, don’t forget to wear your neutral and metallic colors.

Most importantly, gold nail polish looks best in the winter!

Give Your Hair a Break

After a long week, your hair might need some TLC. Try an avocado mask for some natural shine or a coconut mask to rejuvenate dry hair.

Find more here: https://www.luxyhair.com/blogs/hair-blog/5-diy-hair-masks-we-know-youll-love

Wash Your Makeup Brushes

Honestly, when was the last time you washed them? They may look “good,” but we all know the gross truth if you don’t wash them. Save your skin by washing them in this fool proof way.

Now you should be ready to conquer the world and mid-term season. Go forth and enjoy!

Elizah Laurenceau is a senior at Bates College. Her hobbies consist of rewatching Call Me By Your Name, using Huji to take pictures, and playing with her dog. She spends her days either glued on her computer or late nights finishing up work.