Feature: October — Bates Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Happy October everyone! Here is a list of events and happenings in October at Bates: 

1. Parents Weekend   One of the biggest event during the parents weekend is Acapella concert — Don’t miss Deansmen, Manic Optimists, Merimanders, TakeNote, and Gospelaires’ amazing voice! 

PSA: There would be some cool parents who will party and play pong with us for the parents weekend. 

2. Midterms It will be that time of the year soon. Hope you all are doing well and having a diligent school year. Her Campus will come back with some survival tips and symptoms of the first semester midterms soon! 

And yes, we all will suffer together with sleep deprivation. #College

3. October Break

Good News, we will have our October break soon! Make a plan to visit friends in another school, go back home for a break, travel with friends, etc. Hope you all have a great and fun break!     

4. Last but not the least, HOMECOMING WEEKEND! 

Photo Credit

October 8, Saturday we have many home athletic contests — Men’s Tennis, Women’s Soccer, Field Hockey, Football, Women’s Volleyball, and Men’s Soccer! And there will be many other helpful events including Green Dot, Purposeful College Experience, Internship Showcase, etc. For more information check http://www.bates.edu/backtobates/schedule/