This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Attention Barnard/Columbia ladies: if you haven’t yet bought any Columbia gear, now is the timeIn case you forgot (as if,) homecoming is this weekend! Time to whip out your school spirit and turn up in the name of football! As with any other event where you’re seen by other humans, the question in most of our minds (behind “which party will I hit first”) is: what am I wearing? Luckily, apparel is pretty self explanatory: you can’t go wrong with a Columbia shirt and whatever other paraphernalia you deem appropriate. But if you want to step your outfit up a notch, or you’re just not sure how to style your newly-bought school gear, here’s a few examples of our favorite Homecoming styles!

The J. Crew Model

This is for the girl that aims to look like she just stepped out of the pages of a catalog, no matter what – classy, preppy, and put-together. Make your ensemble Homecoming-worthy by sticking with Columbia blue and white, and maybe a Columbia-themed accessory like this Alex and Ani bracelet, or maybe even a pair of Columbia loafers if you truly want to do the most.

The Dressed-Up Tee

Show off your personal style without sacrificing school spirit! Pair your fav Columbia tee with a cute sweater or cardigan and skirt (it’s supposed to be in the 50s, so wear tights!) or a blazer and jeans. Style with ballet flats, Columbia-themed jewelry, and maybe a blue infinity scarf to keep warm!

The Comfy-Casual

This one is my personal favorite because it shows off school spirit, is sporty enough to look like you’re not trying too hard, and is comfortable enough to wear all day! Layer all your Lions gear (t-shirt, sweatshirt, vest, etc.) over leggings or yoga pants, and top it off with a Columbia hat! You can’t go wrong with school spirit!

The Sports Fanatic

This is for the girl who owns all her own Columbia football, basketball, and baseball jerseys and lacrosse pinnies, and goes to all the games. If this is you, why not show off all your gear – this is the one time a year that you can go way overboard. Wear your football jersey with matching socks, athletic shorts, and headband or beanie – and top it all off with a foam finger! Go Lions!

Sofia Lyons

Columbia Barnard

I'm a first year student at Barnard and aspiring fashion journalist, hoping to bring my fellow collegiettes some style tips & info about upcoming trends! I also love singing/songwriting, dancing, event planning, community service, eating good food, and exploring NYC.