This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Didn’t make it to the Met’s Manus x Machina? No worries! New York City has plenty of other fashion exhibits to offer. Here are some of our favorite fashion exhibits on display now: 

Gilded New York: 

Explore the jewels and high fashion of New York City’s late 19th- early 20th century elite at the Museum of the City of New York. 

Scraps: Fashion, Textiles, and Creative Reuse:

If you read our latest article about ethical fashion, you know that the fashion industry is the world’s second largest polluter after oil. Designers Susan Brown and Matilda McQuaid show how textile scraps normally thrown into landfills can be used ethically and sustainably to create more fashion and art. Check out their exhibit on sustainable fashion at the Cooper Hewitt Museum, which is on display until April 2017.  

Antonio Lopez: Future Funk Fashion

See Antonio Lopez’s famous fashion illustrations that dominated editorials in the 1970s and 80s. Lopez, a Bronx-native, uses his illustrations to explore gender, the body, and race through fashion. 

Leora Herman

Columbia Barnard