This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

While dreaming about the last day of classes, I was #blessed enough to receive the incredible news that my friend and I had been chosen to participate in the CU French Cultural Society’s First Annual Pastry Crawl. To be honest, this experience served as the perfect culmination of my First-Year given that it embodied my year long search to try all of NYC’s best bakeries. I kind of have a thing for pastries. So, here I am, taking my wisdom and sharing our carb odyssey with you. Now that finals are almost almost over, you know what to do…take this list and treat yo’ self! 

Bosie Tea Parlor (9.5/10)

**WINNER: Best Finals Getaway Spot**

• Bosie’s intimate tea parlor provides a cozy neighborhood atmosphere for you to bang out that last essay. Pro tip: order an afternoon tea for one. 
  • We tried: Vanilla Canelés, Earl Grey Scone, Cheddar Cheese Scone 

BisouCiao Macaron Parlor (9/10)

• We tried: Jasmine Green Tea Macaron, Rose Macaron 

Mille Feuille Bakery Café (8/10)

• We tried: Peach Tart, Flan 

François Payard (9/10)

• We tried: Chocolate éclair, Almond Cake, Financiers (like Madelines, light vanilla pastries)

(photo from Glenwood NYC) 

Ladurée (9/10)

**WINNER: Swankiest**

• Feel like you’re in the presence of royalty with their beautiful neo-classical interior. Let their Soho garden help you get all the ‘gram likes you’ve ever dreamed of #nyclife #blessed #boldbeautifulbarnard 
  • We tried: Rose Macaron 

Dominique Ansel Bakery (9.5/10)

**WINNER: Most Exclusive** 

• This bakery is best known for creating the 2014 foodie trend: the cronut. As of now, you have to sign up online to reserve one of these donut/croissant hybrids a few days in advance. When we arrived, we noticed a line 30 people deep to pick up their elusive cronuts. 
  • We tried: Kouign-amann (a sort of caramelized croissant) 

Vosges Chocolates (8/10)

• We tried: Bacon Carmel Toffee 

Maman (8/10)

**WINNER: Most ‘Grammable***

• Maman wins most ‘grammable for the sheer adorable-ness of their cups. No matter your beverage, be it a matcha latte or a delightful lavender hot chocolate, the liquid will come served up in a precious travel cup reminiscent of blue and white porcelain. 
  • We tried: Lavender Hot Chocolate, Tuna Quiche 
Barnard First-Year trying to figure out life (read: get into Taylor Swift's clique).