Meet the New Editors in Chief Part 1: Rachel Bernstein

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

For the next two weeks we will be posting profiles of Her Campus Barnard’s new editors in chief! Alexandra and I are so excited to pass on the torch to these stylish, social-media savvy, intelligent women and can’t wait for you to experience the Her Campus Barnard they envision! 

Name: Rachel Bernstein 

Class: 2015

How’d You Get Involved in HC? Toby Milstein asked me to write an article about Best Fall Blazers, so first I was a style staff writer. Then I became an associate editor. Then this year I became Social Media Director. (Claim to fame: getting my HC Barnard Oscar Tweet reposted on Buzzfeedhttp://bzfd.it/1g4s7mD)

What are you most excited about for next year? I am so excited to work with Tali and our new section editors! There are going to be a lot of changes to HC Barnard next year in terms of administrative details and content!

What can we expect to see on HC Barnard next year? Expect to see a lot more news and events! Barnard is a unique school in that New York City is a part of our campus too! We’ll be featuring what’s going on in Morningside Heights as well as fun things happening in NYC! Also, expect to see lots of giveaways, promotions, and trunk shows on a monthly basis! 

Best things about life at Columbia? The people! Everyone here works hard and plays hard. I know most Columbia students say there’s no social life here and no community…but I transferred from NYU, so to me, Columbia is like a state school. I love the people I’ve met here and even though Butler lobby is the most social place on campus sometimes, I wouldn’t trade it for any other school. The other best thing about Columbia: Dig Inn. 

Worst things about life at Columbia? Housing drama! 

Summer Must Haves: Air conditioning, filled metro card, iced coffee, Emi Jay hair ties, aviators, bubble tea, Netflix account

Summer Plans: I’m working in Soho at a production company, Archer Gray Productions, as a development intern. I’m also working in Brooklyn at Picture Motion, which is a marketing and campaign strategy company for documentaries that address social change! I also plan on going to Smorgasburg, Coney Island, and Central Park’s sheep meadow–all places I’ve never been! 
Liana Gergely

Columbia Barnard