Mateo Creamer: The Cutie of Carman 9

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.
Name: Mateo Creamer
Hometown: I was born in Quito, Ecuador but actually grew up here in Morningside Heights. 
School/Year: CC 2016
Major: Financial Economics
Relationship? Mingling
Tell us a little bit about what you do on campus: I’m an RA in Carman (shoutout to Carman 9), E-Board member of the Columbia Sports Business Club, and a member of Delta Sig to keep myself sane. 
Favorite place in NYC: My friend’s roof by the World Trade Center looking over the Freedom Tower. 
Favorite thing about Columbia: I actually transferred here after my freshman year, so I can say from experience that the people at this school really are what make Columbia so special. Yes, we love to complain about pretty much everything, but I don’t think you’ll ever find such an interesting, passionate, and quirky student body anywhere else. 
Where can we find you on a Saturday night? Wondering how/why I ended up at Cannons 
Homecoming or Bacchanal? Technically I still haven’t made it to either, but I’ll go with Bacchanal #bringFlaxoback
Ideal date: As long as it ends with Netflix I’m good with whatever.
Favorite movie: Step Brothers
Celebrity alter-ego: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Best thing about going to college in the city: Having a constant barrage of friends from high school visit every time they’re back home for a weekend. 
Advice to freshmen: NSOP never ends. But seriously have fun and don’t stress yourselves out too much just yet. You’ll have plenty of time to be stressed when you’re looking for jobs and grad schools junior/senior year.
Favorite internship: HerCampus intern
What do you look for in a partner? Someone who will laugh at my cheesy jokes and will come back with something equally as cheesy.