Cupcakes for CASA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Chicago chapter.

Grab a few dollars, all of your friends, and head to Reynolds Club on Tuesday, November 27th for delicious cupcakes to support CASA.

CASA stands for Court Appointed Special Advocates and is Kappa Alpha Theta’s national philanthropy. CASA volunteers are appointed by judges to watch over and advocate for abused and neglected children, ensuring that they do not languish in inappropriate group or foster homes. Volunteers stay with each case until it is closed and the child is placed in a safe, permanent home. For many abused children, their CASA volunteer will be the one constant adult presence in their lives.

In an effort to raise money for this amazing philanthropy, the ladies of Theta will be selling various cupcakes from 11:30 am to 5:00 pm on Tuesday. At the price of $3 for one cupcake and $5 for two, it is nearly impossible to pass up these delicious treats with flavors ranging from vanilla to red velvet, and many more! Make sure to try at least one cupcake on your inevitable walk through Reynolds Club. Supporting CASA is a great cause and the ladies of Kappa Alpha Theta will be so grateful for your help. Check out the event on Facebook and the CASA website http://www.casaforchildren.org/ for more information. 

Jessica Ro

U Chicago

Jessica Ro is a third-year Public Policy student originally from Santa Monica, California, a city just west of Los Angeles. Jessica joined Her Campus because she loved the concept of reaching out specifically to college-aged females through writing.