This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Name: Madi Jacox

Hometown: Seattle, WA

School/Year: BC 2017

Major: Political Science and Human Rights

Describe yourself in three words: Goofy, hardworking, and inquisitive

Tell us a little bit about what you do on campus: I’m a proud benefactor of Butler Café, and can usually be found in the Ref Room, Brownie’s, or running between Hamilton and SIPA. I’m working my way through the West Wing (again) and am also involved with Kappa Alpha Theta and the New Student Orientation Program.

What are some of the coolest internships you’ve had?  I loved working for my mayor back home, but the coolest would have to be at the United Nations where I work for the Office for International Affairs. Hooray for multilateralism!

Best place to go for a run in NYC: The Central Park loop or up at Baker Athletics Complex/Inwood Hill Park are favorites, but nothing trumps running in Seattle

Oren’s, Joe’s, or Starbucks? Joe’s, no competition

Westside or Milano’s: Milano’s H17 (no peppers)

Best restaurant in Mo’Hi: Pisticci

What’s your dream job? A war correspondent, Foreign Service agent, or International Criminal Court attorney

Describe your dream date: The Mariners have made it to the World Series, game seven – Ken Griffey Jr., Ichiro (à la 2001), and Edgar Martinez are first at bat. Fly balls may or may not be caught.

Qualities you look for in a partner: Driven, empathetic, humble, and a sense of humor

Best and worst pick-up line you’ve ever heard: Can we connect on LinkedIn? But really, let’s not encourage them.

Celebrity Crush: Bernie Sanders, Seth Cohen, and Sam Seaborn

If you could go and live in one place in the world for a year all expenses paid where would it be? The Netherlands or Patagonia

Top 5 things you want to do before you graduate:

1.     Study Abroad

2.     Play on an intramural team

3.     Get into Saturday Night Live (or grad school)

4.     Try every sandwich at Milano

5.     Understand what the marching band is saying at a football game

Three things you can’t live without: Chapstick, my Nalgene(s), and black tea