A College Student’s Guide to Restaurants in the QC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

College students love a good bargain. Augustana students especially have the luxury of being relatively close to affordable, delicious restaurants. Though most of these restaraunts are a drive, this should not stop you from planning a breakfast, lunch, or dinner with friends or a significant other at one of these locations! 

1. Harris Pizza

3903 14th Ave Rock Island, IL 61201 (309) 788-3446

Everyone loves quality pizza at low prices. College students especially love cheap pizza. This pizza place offers an array of pizzas, their Taco Pizza being the most popular item on the menu. While the meatier pizzas on the menu are esteemed, there are vegetarian options too!

2. Lemongrass Café

1419 5th Ave Moline, IL 61265 (309) 797-4100

For those for who enjoy Asian cuisine, this restaurant is the place to be. For just under 15 dollars, students can enjoy a range of delectable meals; their house specials in particular are something to keep an eye out for! 

3. Café d’Marie

614 W 5th St Davenport, IA 52803 (563) 323-3293

If you’re seeking a new spot for brunch with friends, look no further! This hot spot serves coffee, tea, sweet treats, and delicious paninis. The relaxing environment and friendly staff are a plus. 

4. Nally’s Kitchen

1622 Rockingham Road Davenport, IA 52802 (563) 322-0181

Do you enjoy Mexican cuisine? Do you also enjoy $2 tacos? If you answered yes to these questions, Nally’s is where you need to be.

5. River House Bar and Grill

1510 River Drive Moline, IL 61265 (309) 797-1234

With most meals here being 10 dollars or less, students are sure to get the most of their experience at River House. This restaurant is popular for their burgers and they recently created a menu for lent! 

An English and Communications Major who is passionate about creating and reading literature.
Augustana Contributor