The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for your Bestie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

1. Bath and Body Works Candles

Or any kind of candle for that matter; us girls love to keep our apartments smelling like whatever the current season is. Whether its pumpkin spice or fresh balsam, you can’t go wrong with a candle in your bestie’s signature scent. If she lives in a dorm, try getting a scented wall flower or a candle warmer instead. 

2. Anything Sephora

Okay—so this is pretty vague, but seriously, what girl doesn’t love makeup? Especially around the holiday season, Sephora releases all types of gift sets, ranging from lip kits to holiday colored nail polishes. Try getting your bestie a bold lip color from Mac or Bite, or one of the Sephora Collection’s famous face masks. If you don’t want to get her something specific, a gift card can go a long way. You could also try something as simple as a beauty blender or a set of brushes. 

3. Trinkets from Francesca’s 

Francesca’s is any girl’s dream… seriously, they have everything ranging from clothes and shoes to mugs and journals. You can’t go wrong with a scarf and beanie or a festive looking mug for hot chocolate. Throw in some cute jewelry, and you’re all set. On Francesca’s website, they even have a section specifically for gifts, so go check it out. 

4. A Phone Case

Sonix phone cases are reasonably priced and totally adorable. With so many designs to choose from, it’ll be hard to buy your bestie just one. They are also very durable and protect your phone when it accidently jumps out of your hand. Whoops. 

5. Hand Painted Canvas

Not only is this a cheap and easy (if you are artistically inclined) gift idea, it is something she will treasure forever! If you literally cannot paint, never fear, Etsy has tons of canvases for sale.

6. Bestie Mug

If your best friend cannot live without her morning coffee, a mug is a perfectly practical and well thought out gift. This mug from Etsy is absolutely perfect for those long distance friendships. 

7. Everything from Target

They don’t say “Target is a girl’s best friend” for nothing. If she loves the holidays, consider buying her some ornaments for her Christmas tree or a festive throw pillow and blanket.

8. Alex and Ani

With so many bangles to choose from, there’s one for every kind of best friend; the sporty girl, the sorority girl or the animal lover. Alex and Ani are classic and definitely match everything, so your bestie is bound to get a ton of use out of this gift. 

9. Gift Card Tree

If you’re short on time or go to school in a super obscure place with no mall nearby, a gift card tree is still thoughtful and cute, but easy to whip together with limited resources. Head to your local Walmart to get a gift card to your bestie’s favorite place to shop, eat or get coffee, and boom! Perfect holiday gift. 

10. Homemade Edible Arrangemnt 

Who needs the real thing when it’s simple (and way cheaper) to make an edible fruit bouquet at home. All you need is some of your best friend’s favorite fruit (maybe dip some pieces in chocolate) and a cookie cutter. This gift is sure to be a hit.

Animal Science major with a passion for writing. Crazy cat lover, avid diet coke drinker and a shopping addict.