This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Real life scenario: You are sitting at Panera on a Sunday morning after a long day of tailgating and celebrating when you see a super cute young family with the most adorable two-year-old blond girl smiling at you and giggling. It’s decided—you need a baby. Now.

In a society where being a teen mom is glamorized with movies, TV series and book contracts, having a child to dress up and tote around seems like the new fad. I mean really, how cute would I look with a precious little baby on my hip? And compared to the trashy girls on those shows, I would be the best teen mom out there. If Lorelai Gilmore can do it, so can I! Rory grew up to be absolutely perfect.

Recently, I have felt a desire past just dreaming of children, something I know is happening to a lot of other collegiettes, too. I have a strong desire to have a baby and I can’t get the thought out of my head. I know it sounds crazy and I am not planning on acting on this, but I can’t help but be anxious to have children as soon as possible. I am no longer satisfied with babysitting and playing with my little cousins.  

After realizing how crazy my obsession is, I started to think about why it is I feel this strong need to have a child. Being at college, you are no longer surrounded by family and people who are bound to unconditional love for you. You are now in a land where friends and boyfriends come and go, leaving you with no stable loving relationship in your daily life. Do I subconsciously believe that I have to have a baby to feel love and happiness in my life? Maybe. But for now, it’s probably best to supress the sound of my biological clock and focus on all the pleasures of not being a college student mom. I mean, you can’t exactly show up to a frat party with a baby on your hip, can you?