This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Spring semester can feel like a drag after undergoing the whirlwind of the fall. Following the experiences of all the football, tailgating, festivities, and freshness that fall brings, the new semester can feel dull in comparison. However, there are many underlying aspects to the spring semester that are often times overlooked. Let’s not sell spring semester short, and give it more credit for all that it is.

1. Free time = innovation- Spring semester has a much more open feeling to it. With the lack of football games and festivities, your schedule expands and you are offered a greater amount of free time than you had the previous semester. All of this free time is a blessing in disguise; this is a time for reinvention- who doesn’t love that? Put yourself out there in new ways, and try new things; join new clubs, attend new sporting events (something has to replace the void football left) or even volunteer. There is something about the weather slowly adjusting from cold to warm that sparks inspiration.

2. Spring Break- Spring Break is most definitely the best part about the whole semester. It can be fun to make Spring Break an even bigger deal than it has to be by making it a point of motivation. Have fun making plans with your friends for your one week off, from where you will be staying to what you will be wearing. The break is a fun way to keep everyone excited and is also something to bond over. Also use Spring Break as an excuse to take more trips to the gym and shed a few pounds that you might have gained following a decadent holiday season.

3. Formal Season- Spring is the time for fraternity formal invites to be given out, and who doesn’t love a little extra fun? Most fraternities have their formal out of town, which means a fun spring getaway! Going to a spring formal will lead to endless dress shopping and cooler painting, and it is sure to be a good time.

4. Get Your Tan On- Soak up the natural vitamin D that you are currently deprived of. After re-experiencing what it’s like to live life as a pasty ghost, you can slowly start to get your tan back on this semester. Spend as much time as you can exposed in the warm sun, because you know you missed it after the long months of winter. The weather can be a little bit wishy-washy at the beginning of spring semester so take advantage of any warm sunny days that you are given. Remember to protect your skin, though!

Rep Image