This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

The power couple; two iconic people coming together in a unified force to dominate the social scene with good looks, charitable acts, and beautiful babies. From Jay-Z and Beyoncé to Will and Kate, the power couple is a major force of both celebrity and literal royalty. We’ve seen some couples come and go and have invested ourselves in their public relationships portrayed in the media. Some of us may have even shed a tear or two when Brittany Spears and Justin Timberlake split, or when Brad Pitt left Jennifer Anniston for Angelina Jolie. But now, Justin is happily married to the stunning Jessica Biel and Brangelina have finally tied the knot and are raising an army of children who hit celebrity status the second they were recognized as the children of a power couple.

So, why are people so interested in who’s dating who? I, for one, am a sucker for a good romance story. If you’ve seen Jessie James Decker and Eric Decker’s Instagram’s, then you’ve seen how celebrity love can work and how beautiful the outcome can be with one glimpse of their gorgeous baby girl Vivianne Rose. The same goes for Blake Lively and Ryan Reynold’s as they announce their pregnancy through a stunning picture of Blake adorning her baby bump. With all these power couples reproducing—Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis just gave birth to a baby girl Wyatt; Beyonce and Jay-Z have two-year-old Blue Ivy; Will and Kate have one-year-old Prince George and are expecting another little one to join their royal family; and Victoria and David Beckham have their four beautiful children. It’s no wonder everyone’s buzzing to see what else is to come for our favorite A-lister’s!

Power couples aren’t just known for good looks. Some also have reputations for their good deeds and influential roles in society. Brad and Angelina have been known for the work they’ve done near and far, whether it be travelling to Africa or helping out with natural disasters such as Hurricane Katrina, which Brad was heavily involved in back in August of 2005. Ellen DeGeneres and wife Portia de Rossi has advocated for numerous families and charities through her celebrity status and recently took part in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge by partnering up with Shutterfly to raise $100K for the cause. While we see many other celebrities abuse the publicity that comes with fame, it is these few who standout and show us that there’s still hope for society and those who have the power to do good in the world.

Queen B and Jay-Z with Blue Ivy

Jessie James Decker with hubby Eric Decker and daughter Vivianne Rose

Brangelina

Will and Kate in their first appearance with baby George

Posh and Becks

Ashton Kutcher with Mila Kunis 

Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds *swoon*

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi

Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel 

Rep Image

Img 1

Img 2

Img 3

Img 4

Img 5

Img 6

Img 7

Img 8

Img 9

Img 10