wolfgang hasselmann TwLGzTFFFio unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
wolfgang hasselmann TwLGzTFFFio unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Four Ways to Tell When He’s Just Not That Into You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

All girls know the feeling: rejection. It sucks, yeah I know. You never actually want to face the totally obvious fact that he isn’t interested. So you keep ignoring the signs and continue telling yourself that maybe he is just busy, or maybe it’s miscommunication. The cycle of second chances goes on and on until you are at your breaking point. You start asking yourself, is it even worth it? Why are you putting in 100 percent and getting nothing in return? Not even a simple “How’s it going?” text. (It’s honestly not that hard.) Yes, sometimes there are exceptions, but if these four tell-tale signs are familiar, he is just not that into you. 

When you are with him, he is constanly preoccupied.

Whether it be with his friends, his phone, or his Facebook, his attention isn’t where it should be (which is you, of course). Don’t let him make you feel invisible. There is a time and place to go through every picture on Insta, and your dinner date together at Fuji is not one of them. He should at least respect you enough to put the phone down and have an actual conversation. This is a red flag, so keep a close eye on this one.

You always reach out to him first.

Don’t get it twisted, there is nothing wrong with texting a guy first. I mean, by all means, be a go getta gurl. But if you are the only one texting first there might be a problem. Go a few days without texting him and see if he makes any effort. If you don’t hear from him, you should probably move on. If he does reach out, take it slow and see if he keeps up the good work.

He only texts you at night.

The clock just struck midnight and there it is, the same text you get every night around this same time. “Hey” obviously it’s very important and can’t go ignored. LOL please, you are an independent woman and you don’t need a man am I right?!? If a guy is ONLY asking to see you after hours and will not have anything to do with you when the sun’s out, do yourself a favor and kick em’ to the curb.

He is always way too busy to see you.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Yeah, you have heard them all. He says he is feeling sick and can’t hangout, but then posts a snapchat story of him heading downtown with all of his buddies. You start waiting around, making sure you’re free if he wants to see you. But this is a detrimental thing to do, and can seriously ruin your whole weekend. Don’t give him that power. Go out with the girls for a night, forget about him and actually have fun! You definitely deserve it.