Auburn Hits the Runway with Kayla Henn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

This week we spoke to Kayla Henn, a senior in Marketing and the president of the Auburn University Modeling Board.

What is the Auburn University Modeling Board? Modeling Board is an organization centered on providing Auburn University students with the unique opportunity to learn about the world of modeling and fashion. Board members participate in fashion shows, print, commercial photo shoot, and various other fashion outlets! We host our own fashion shows each semester and also work closely with the fashion and design school (AMDA) also modeling in their events as well.

Is it open to males and females? Yes!

What is the most fun/interesting event you have participated in with AUMB? Couture for the Cure and the fashion show that the AMDA puts on every spring. I gain amazing new experiences and friendships.

According to the AUMB AUInvolve page, the Couture for the Cure is “the Modeling Board’s annual, philanthropy fashion show. Our fashion show’s worthy goal is to raise funds for Breast Cancer Awareness.”

The group took this shot after the 2012 Couture for the Cure show.

What steps would someone have to take to get involved with AUMB? To get involved with AUMB, one would just have to try out! We have tryouts on September 13 & 14 in the Student Center Room 2218 from 10am-3pm and students can just follow the instructions on their application and just show up when they can. Also, students do not need to have previous modeling experience to be considered!

How would you describe your personal style? Creative and trendy.