Wildcat game day fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Welcome back Wildcats! The fall semester is approaching and plenty comes to mind when thinking about it. I know for many, the main subjects on the brain are whether to rush or not, how much of your wardrobe can fit in your tiny dorm room, and where are the best places to sit in Centennial Hall without getting caught sleeping (or maybe that’s just my first thought). But the main event of the season/ semester (besides basketball) is football season! What better way to get ready for the first game of the year than to deck out your ZonaZoo shirt and make it something uniquely yours? After scouring the internet for the perfect DIY that hasn’t been continuously done, we found this cute and simple method that will surely make you stand out among the masses of fringed and cropped Zona women.

DIY Tie Front Zona Tank

Step 1: Cut the sleeves off the shirt.

Step 2: Cut the collar off and make the shirt into a tank.

Step 3: Flip the top over and cut off the lower back of the t-shirt, about right where it will hit your hips.

Step 4: Cut the remaining front lower half into a triangle and cut the triangle straight up the middle.

Step 5: Flip the shirt back over and tie the two triangles at the bottom together to have your finished product!

Need an affordable and fashionable accessory to pair with your super cute Zona tie front tank? Then make your own Turban from all of those free t-shirts they hand out during the year! Borrowing the steps from Annie of Take A Bite blog, you can rock the trend and show your Wildcat pride in a few simple steps:

DIY Game day Turban

Step 1: Cut off the seam of the shirt

Step 2: Cut the shirt into about 2 inch strips

Step 3: Take a strip and twist it into a figure 8.

Step 4: Twist the strip one more time (I twisted these about 3-4 times actually)

Step 5: Fold the figure 8 in half

Step 6: Pull the two ends together leaving the knot at the top.

Step 7 (optional): Repeat so that you can share with friends! (One shirt will make about 3-5 turbans, depending on how thick you want them)

There you have it, your perfect school spirit uniform ready for game day to keep you looking great and your tresses out of the way!