This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Wildcats, there are less than two weeks until Thanksgiving. For most of us, this means we have a handful of days left to turn in projects and cram for those tests that teachers insist on giving right before break. We all want to pull our grades up so when Grandpa asks, “Can you pass the mashed potatoes, oh and how are you doing in school this semester?” We can reply “Great, thanks. How’s the country club?”

Before you know it, you will find yourself at the Tucson airport or driving home for a brief glimpse of freedom. No matter how you get home or how far you live, you will be accompanied by your growling stomach, anticipating mom’s best home cooked meal.

Even though nothing can beat your traditional Thanksgiving feast, campus restaurants are changing their menus to help get you in the holiday mood.

For breakfast, stop by Einstein’s Bagels in the Student Union and try a pumpkin bagel or add pumpkin cream cheese to a bagel of your choice. If you prefer something lighter, Jamba Juice on University is selling pumpkin smoothies with cinnamon, nutmeg, and almond milk. (Yum!)

For lunch or dinner, try the ultimate Tucson mac and cheese go-to on University, The Fix. Their “Fix of the Moment” is the Thanksgiving mac, which has turkey, stuffing, and is topped with gravy.

For dessert, head on over to Pinkberry for their seasonal pumpkin frozen yogurt. Add cheesecake and graham crackers; trust me you won’t be disappointed!

For a little liquid dessert after a tough week of school, try the Pumpkin Porter beer at Gentle Ben’s or the hot cider at Pasco Kitchen and Lounge.

Happy feasting and Happy Thanksgiving!