11 Questions Out of State Students Asked When Coming to the University of Arizona

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

Am I ever going to stop sweating?Probably not to be honest. Although the weather is typically better than snow, I do not think that it will ever stop causing me to have sweat stains. No matter how much deodorant I do apply.

Can I actually bursar all of this?Yes, in fact you can. But keep in mind you may regret getting a whole new wardrobe when your parents or you look at the bill later on. It’s intriguing in the beginning, but just you wait.

What is Eegee’s?When people first talked about Eegee’s to me I was very confused, as I bet most people were. “Is it like a slushie?” I asked one day “Not like a normal one” an Arizonan responded back. I have been confused since that day and have yet to try one of the most unique Arizonan foods.

What’s with all these activists?I don’t think I have gone a day where someone hasn’t asked me to sign up a petition or take a flyer. At least it’s nice to see so many people passionate about things in their lives.

How can it rain in one part of Tucson but not in another?I actually question this whenever it is raining in one spot on campus, but completely sunny at another 10 minutes away. Typically, rain clouds are small around here, but at least they come and go.

Does Tucson really evolve around the University?I have noticed how many non-students not only attend all the games, but also how much University of Arizona merchandise is sold almost everywhere other than on campus. I guess everybody has school spirit.

Does anyone else feel like they’re going to get run over whenever they walk around the Main?Every single day I walk around the main with a single thought in my mind- Please don’t let this be the day I get ran over by a bike. There is no such thing as respect the pedestrian since they are in a rush just like you.

Is he homeless or a student?It is easy to be confused when seeing someone you never seen dressed rather filthy, but who knows maybe the person had a long night. You won’t know the difference, but you will know that it’s a common occurrence.

Why are there so many reasons to get involved?I mean it is a great thing that this University offers many different opportunities to meet people from clubs to Greek life to resident hall opportunities. Though, when you get to week nine of semester one I think you’ll be wanting to curl up in a ball and miss all your extracurriculars.

Why is Halloween so big around here?We have all heard the rumors, Hallo-week is the time to party and go crazy. But the reason for this is why? I mean I guess the students of University of Arizona don’t need to ask questions when they realize it’s just another time to party.

What is the secret recipe for these Cellar milkshakes?It’s insane all the food options at the University of Arizona. Though, the one place that will get you craving for a 12am cheeseburger and amazing shakes is the Cellar. I mean what do they even put in their shakes to make them so addictive?

Dayne DiSesa

Arizona '19

Dayne DiSesa is a senior at the University of Arizona. She is double majoring in Gender and Women Studies and Creative Writing, and working on fulfilling her life long dream of becoming a social worker. Dayne is a proud owner of two guinea pigs (Buritos and Dorritios), 20 dreamcatchers, and a car she named after Betty White. You can follow her on instagram: @sunflowersanddaynishes.