Valentine’s Day: Top 5 Restaurants In Boone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Gone are the days of buying the best Valentine’s Day cards for your classmates (and giving the flirtiest one to your secret crush… or maybe that was just me.) As collegiettes, we now look forward to a nice dinner with our S.O. or a fun night out with our girlfriends. As if we needed another reason to be reminded how awesome our college town is, we’ve narrowed down the top five restaurants in Boone for Valentine’s Day. This guide will help you decide where to eat with your special someone, or celebrate being a single, independent woman with your favorite girlfriends!

1. Proper: There’s no surprise this made our list. Proper has an amazing menu with so much to choose from. They have the best fried chicken, mac-n-cheese, potato cakes with pimento cheese, meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy… okay, basically every thing they have is delicious. Settled in a cute house with rustic charm, this is the perfect place for date night on Valentine’s Day. Make sure to make reservations, because this place stays packed.

2. CoBo Sushi Bistro & Bar: If you’re a sushi fanatic, this is the place to go. Put on your hottest outfit, grab your girls, and head to CoBo for the best sushi and drinks in town; it’s definitely worth the price. Another favorite in Boone, it will be packed out the door so call ahead or get there early. In honor of our Mountaineers, make sure to get the Appalachian (a.k.a. a little slice of Boone Heaven in your mouth.)

3. Cilantro’s: Want a fun night with your girlfriends but don’t want to break the bank? (Don’t forget that student discount we told you about.) Many of us at Her Campus agree this is the best Mexican place in Boone to get some margs!

4. Canyons: Nothing says romance on Valentine’s Day like dinner with a view. Grab your sweetie and drive 10 minutes to Blowing Rock for a romantic dinner with a gorgeous view of the Blue Ridge Mountains. This place is a hit for tourists; so if you want to watch the sunset, get there early enough.

5. Bistro Roca: If your S.O. is up to treating you like the princess you are, head to Blowing Rock for a top-notch dinner date at this bistro. They have amazing pizzas and entrees and even better bar food. Not only will you have an unforgettable dinner, but since you’re in downtown Blowing Rock, you just have to get dessert. Kilwins, anyone?

We all secretly have a love-hate relationship with Valentine’s Day. Despite your relationship status, make the most of it this year with any of these delicious restaurants! Hey, if you’re going to be single on the day of love, at least have a full tummy (we won’t judge.)

Photo links:

http://imgur.com/NYUAp5s

Ashley Chaves is a senior at Appalachian State University, where she is working towards earning her degree in Professional Writing with a minor in Public Relations. She will be graduating in May of 2015 and is aiming to find a job where she can build upon and showcase her writing skills. She has many passions including writing, reading, Shih Tzus, and cooking. In her spare time she enjoys planning her life away on Pinterest and blogging on her personal blog.