Tips for Revamping Your Fall Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

As fall begins to settle in for good on our little mountain town, its natural to feel a little bored with the same chunky sweaters and leggings that you rocked all last year. Lucky for you, the changing leaves bring with them the perfect opportunity to change up your look. This fall is all about adding a little edge with daring colors and unexpected details. Want to really show your dark(er) side? Start with these simple tips to transform your fall style.

Dark Lips
Throw out the pale pinks and corals. This season it’s all about deep reds and burgundies. Ditch the drug store and head to your local makeup counter where you can test different lipsticks to find the perfect shade for your complexion. Paired with dark eyes and dull colors, your lip hue will really make the rest of your facial features pop.

Chunky Boots

Yes, we all love the classic look of the riding boot but, this fall, add a little edge to your feet and go for a chunky combat boot. Worn with a great pair of skinnies or a skirt and tights, you have a super chic look that is hard and girly all at the same time.

Utility Jacket
This season is all about military chic and a great utility jacket is the perfect way to incorporate this trend into your every day wardrobe. Look for style in a neutral olive green or charcoal grey that falls right to your upper thigh. This length works perfectly with any outfit and will certainly give you a boost of confidence (and warmth!)

Leather
Leather is it this season thanks to the one and only Mr. Christian Grey. If you’re looking for the ultimate way to add a little edge to your wardrobe, leather is the place to start. For the more daring, go straight for a pair of leather skinnies or leggings. For the subtler, start with a faux leather jacket or a fancy frock with leather accents. Either way, you’ll be turning heads in this season’s number one trend.

Transforming one’s personal style certainly is not easy but, with these stand out pieces, you will be on trend and looking fabulous for fall.

Brittany Fielding is a senior studying Apparel Design and Merchandising at Appalachian State University. She loves to write, shop, exercise, watch sports, and spend time with her friends and family. Originally from Cleveland, OH, Brittany plans on moving back to a big city after graduation to pursue a career in fashion buying/merchandising. 
Laura Maddox is a Senior at Appalachian State University. Laura was born and raised in Charlotte, NC but loves the mountain air in Boone. She is one of four kids and has an identical twin sister. Laura enjoys reading, fashion, blogging, traveling, chocolate, lots of coffee and riding in the car with the windows down. She has a knack for creative writing, doodling and procrastination. Laura plans on moving to Boston after graduation to pursue a career in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Laura loves APP and will always be a Mountaineer fan!