This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

So, 2015 is over and 2016 is already sprinting through our lives as we look at our calendar and realize a month has gone by. This is when most new-year resolution believers begin to doubt their resolutions (guilty) and start giving in to the same temepations that they swore they would overcome in the year 2016.

I’m here to tell you to not give in to those same temptations that haunted you during 2015. If you want to lose weight, eat better. If you want to make better grades this semester, study more. If you want to take more time for yourself, lay in bed more. 

Reflecting back on both the accomplishments and mistakes you made during the past year can help you realize what you truly hope to get out of 2016.

So, with the new year upon us I asked people to reflect back on 2015 and describe their year with three words. Maybe there are some collegiettes out there who can relate to a few of these responses.

Think about it… a year from now what three words do you want to be saying described the year 2016?

“Frustrating, eye-opening, fun” – Emily Stinson, App State 2017

“Motivating, relentless, inspiring” – Jenna Huff, App State 2017

“Growth, forgiveness, laughter” – Darian Bell, App State 2018

“Enlightening, exalting, perserverence” – Sean Mason, App State 2017

“Faith, challenge, baseball” – Luke Watts, App State 2017

“Adventurous, eye opener, blessing” – Steven Dalgetty, App State 2016

In 2016, learn to find happiness and content in the little things.

I truly believe pure happiness is only real when shared, so find your person to share it with.

It may be your roommate, your mom, your boyfriend/girlfriend, or your best friend – but find someone who motivates you, challenges you, laughs with you, and helps you be happy every day.

My three words are “growth, challenge, and realization”… What are yours?

Best wishes for a fabulous 2016! 

Sources:

http://bmag.com.au/things-to-do-in-brisbane/latest/2015/12/21/guide-to-n…

http://home.bluesnap.com/5-new-years-payment-resolutions-every-ecommerce…

Darian Bell’s Facebook Page

Emily Stinson’s Facebook Page

Carlin is a senior at Appalachian State University pursuing a degree in Public Relations and English. She is a Bachelor and One Tree Hill fanatic who is passionate about chocolate frosties and Chipotle. Her dream job is to be a sports reporter for ESPN.