Meet Josh Elliott of Wine to Water

Posted -

Wine To Water (WTW) is a local non-profit organization based out of Boone, NC that focuses on providing clean water and adequate sanitation to needy people around the world. Josh Elliott, a senior and Communication major of Appalachian State University, created the first official Wine To Water campus club for a university. Read about his involvement with Wine To Water, how he’s helping to change our world, and how you can get involved, too.

wine to water

Q: How did you first get involved with Wine To Water?
A: 
I heard about it through a couple of friends back in 2009. We went to hear one of their employees talk about the water crisis and were pretty blown away that nearly 1 billion people lacked access to clean water. 

Q: What is your involvement with Wine To Water currently?
A: 
I am currently working for their wine director and heading up some of the volunteer relations, specifically with college students. 

Q: What has been your favorite experience with Wine To Water?
A: 
I was able to go down to Peru last year and see a water project first hand. We distributed water filters and got to personally connect with the people benefiting; it was truly life changing. 

Q: What inspired you to start a Wine To Water club at Appalachian?
A: 
Well, when I heard about the magnitude of the water crisis I was pretty beat up about it. I had a few beers with a friend and we decided that the best thing we could do as students was to get more students behind the cause. It kind of took off from there and we had our first event a few weeks later.

Comments