Impractical Jokers Newest Cast Member: Meet Shannon Morrissette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

The world knows her as Shannon Morrissette, a 20-year-old junior at Appalachian State University majoring in elementary education with a concentration in mathematics.

However, I know her as the person who hides behind walls only to jump out and scare whoever is walking by. Occasionally making you spill your freshly poured drink.

In between tutoring, chapter meetings with Kappa Delta sorority, constant pranking of her friends and roommates (and anyone else who dares to step foot into her apartment), I finally got a chance to sit down with Ms. Morrissette and ask her a few questions.

Most of the time you can find Shan lying on the couch with a bowl of cucumbers watching Impractical Jokers and planning her next prank. If not at home, you can find her driving her blue Camry around blasting “Good To Be Alive” by Andy Grammar on the way to Dos Amigos.

Her favorite part about Appalachian is working with Mountaineer Pride, a football recruiting group where she was recently elected the game day coordinator.

Mountaineer Pride students take football recruits on tours of the Sofield Indoor Facility, the athletic center, locker rooms, training rooms, and hang out with them during football games where they have the privilege of sitting in their own section.

Shan says this position has helped her fall in love with Appalachian even more. “Appalachian is such a big community. On game days all you see is black and gold everywhere.”

Shan will start student teaching this semester and says she wants to “impact children’s lives and turn the negative opinions about teaching into positive ones. The world needs good teachers.” Shannon for President? Sounds good to me.

So collegiettes, maybe Shannon will be your child’s teacher one day. Maybe you’ll see her on Impractical Jokers one day. Maybe you’ll run into her at Dos. The possibilities are endless. Until then, stay on your toes because she could pop up anywhere. 

Sources: Shannon Morrissette’s Facebook 

Carlin is a senior at Appalachian State University pursuing a degree in Public Relations and English. She is a Bachelor and One Tree Hill fanatic who is passionate about chocolate frosties and Chipotle. Her dream job is to be a sports reporter for ESPN.