Fall Break: Home Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

It’s that time of the year again, collegiettes… Fall Break!

Where are you headed for fall break? Going on a road trip with your friends, staying in your dorm, or going home?

If you’re going home, here are a few things that you can do (aside from homework) that may or may not require a little planning.

Spend time with your family.

Maybe you’re feeling a little homesick at this point in the semester. So spending time with your family (and pets if you have any) should be a no-brainer, right? Do something fun together, whether it’s watching college football or going for a walk with your fury friends.

Plan time with friends.

Once you and your high school friends go your separate ways after graduation, it’s hard to stay in touch. Catch up with old friends at your favorite coffee shop or bakery.   

Visit your favorite restaurant.

Have a favorite restaurant back home? Miss it? Well, fall break is an excellent opportunity to do just that. Pay a visit to one of the restaurants that is only available back home, or one that you cannot get enough of, especially if your parents are picking up the tab. 

Go shopping.

This is a favorite pastime for a lot of us collegiettes. Unfortunately, we don’t have access to a lot of quality shopping in Boone, so this is a good time to satisfy your craving for Target, and basically every other store we don’t have in Boone. 

Wherever you go to go and whatever you do back home for fall break, have fun and make it a good break with family and friends.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Kaitlan is currently a senior, English major with a concentration in professional writing and a minor in communications at Appalachian State University. She is the Sigma Tau Delta Alpha Lambda Alpha president and the Mountaineer Hall Treasurer. This is her second year writing for HC.