The Best Tweets From Last Night’s Presidential Debate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Last night’s first presidential debate was one of the most watched debates in history. The debate itself certainty didn’t disappoint, but what was going on behind the scenes on social media is what everyone is talking about. The debate was a goldmine for memes and jokes on Twitter. Here are just some of our favorites:

The best celebrity tweets:

Chrissy Teigen did not hold back as she live-tweeted the event. All of her tweets were gold, but this one took the cake:

Leslie Jones also took to live-tweeting the event.

Shonda Rhimes proved that her characters on TV aren’t the only ones that can be funny.

Of course Jerry Springer didn’t hold back either.

The best Lester Holt tweets:

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate Lester Holt and what he had to go through last night? His job was certainty not easy.

The best App State tweets:

Yes, some of our very own had tweets that went viral last night.

Can you image what would have happened if Kanye was debating? Guess we’ll see in 2020! The best of the best:

Can we talk about Hillary’s outfit?

Kim K, please come through for us.

What were President Obama and Vice President Biden doing last night during the debates?

We knew we’d seen that look before.

That ending last night though…

You know shit’s real when the police have to send out a warning tweet.

What did Trump say again?

Smile for the camera! The internet is the best fact checker.

If “law and order” was on that drinking game, we would have all been plastered.  But really, what happened last night?

And then there was Ellen, reminding us of what’s really important:

The vice presidential debate is on Tuesday, October 4. The second presidential debate is on Sunday, October 9, with the last debate airing on Wednesday, October 19. Make sure you tune in and check social media for the next round of memes and tweets!

Images:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/160926224312-clinton-trump-d…

Taylor currently works in television production in New York City. Her current project was for a Sesame Work Shop show called 'Helpsters' that is now streaming on AppleTV. While at Appalachian State University, Taylor majored in Film and Creative Writing. She enjoys reality TV, college basketball, binge-watching Netflix, eating Mexican food, and cuddling with her cats. Her dream is to be a television show writer. For inquries, she can be reached at taylorpdills@gmail.com https://www.linkedin.com/in/taylordills/