Aaron Simpson From The New River Boys

Posted -

Name: Aaron Simpson
Age: 21
Year: Senior
Major: Anthropology
Hometown: Chapel Hill, NC

Guy Playing InstrumentQ: How did you all meet and how did the band eventually come to be?
A: In 2008 Andrew Jacobs and I were both on craigs list when they spotted a Cello-playing ginger on DISCOUNT. They took out a loan and bought him for $300,000 and then started The New River Boys in order to pay back that loan.
Real Answer: We were all part of an elite military task force that specialized in interpretive dance and musicals and we are currently on a mission.
No but really: I met Andrew and Everett at a knitting interest group that I started. We became best of friends and decided to start playing music in order to fund our knitting addiction
Seriously? On a snowy day in Boone, we all found ourselves in Frank Dorm for one reason or another. Andrew started playing us some of his music he had written and Everett and I joined in. We became instantly famous and started touring with Beyonce the next week.

Q: What roles does each person play within the group? Other than playing your respective instruments.
A: Andrew Jacobs serves as the president, secretary and over all responsible individual, without whom… nothing would get done. He also cooks a GREAT Chicken Thai Curry. (Andrew is the responsible one)
Everett is a Ginger magician who conjures up spells of good fortune for the band while also practicing some Voodoo on the side. (Everett is the expert musician)

I spend my time acquiring secondary forms of income by selling my prized origami figurines. (I charm the audience with my somewhat true tales.)

Q: What are some of your favorite things about performing on a college campus?
A: I think as a band we love the energy that only a college crowd can bring. People are really eager to come out and support us at local shows and it's always encouraging. Personally, I love the Appalachian State women…

Comments

Editor's Note

Are you an aspiring journalist or just looking for an outlet where you can share your voice? Apply to write for Her Campus!

User login