5 Accessories Every Guy Should Have

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Women love their accessories, whether it’s a great new Kate Spade purse or a new Alex and Ani bracelet to add to your “arm party”.  However, women are not the only ones who love to flaunt their accessories.  Men are just as guilty of showing some love to their new Nike shoes, or a brand new pair of Chubbies to showcase those legs.  This is a guideline for men and what accessories they should consider investing in if they want to catch a special lady’s eye.

1. A pet.  A cuddly critter to win over the ladies should most definitely not include anything of the hairless breed.  There is nothing more terrifying than a hairless cat.   However, if you want to be the most popular guy on campus, bringing a puppy around with you is guaranteed to get you some attention.  If this puppy happens to be a husky, you’ll probably land a date right then and there.

2. Man bun: The largest fashion trend that caught the tail-end of 2014 and is in full force for 2015.  Not every guy can pull off this trend, however.  Even the heartthrob Harry Styles couldn’t make it work. (If you need proof, just Google man buns gone wrong. His involved a cornrow.)  When the man bun is done right, it will melt the heart of any girl. So boys, start growing out those luscious locks.  Point of interest: this should not be confused with the female sock bun.

3. Signature scent.  There is a reason girls will wear men’s deodorant (guilty), the smell of a man is a powerful thing.  The reason a signature scent is so powerful is once a boy is associated with that scent every time a girl smells it she thinks of said boy.  Girls will be thinking about Dolce and Gabbona Light Blue boy without even realizing it. Having a signature scent can also backfire.  For example any guy wearing Axe body spray over the age of 13 will most likely repel girls before alluring them. 

4. Car. A guy’s car does not have to be the latest 2015 edition of anything flashy.  Girls are not that unrealistic to think a college budget can fund a brand new ride.  However, there is something romantic and chivalrous about having a guy pick you up in his car for a date.  Heck, even if his ride is a minivan, if he rides in it with confidence any girl will appreciate the gesture.

5. A Sweatshirt (so we can steal it).  There are few things better in this world then having an oversized t-shirt, sweatshirt, Patagonia, or anything of the sort from a guy.  These are cuddly and if you give a spray of your signature scent on there (see number 3) it will make it all the better.  Honestly, you really cannot go wrong with this accessory.  Probably the most lethal weapon for any girl.

Guys, boys, men of all breeds, please take the above tips to heart and you will be running the world in 2015.

Puppy and Boy Man Bun Dolce and Gabbana Man in Car Lifeguard Boys