This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Summer is upon us, collegiettes! That means tan lines and beach trips. You may not spend your whole summer there, but it feels like you pack as much. You wish you could skip the packing and everything you needed would just magically end up in your bag.

Here is a list of items you can use to ensure that packing is a breeze.

1. Your phone and a camera. 

How else would you take wave pics or selfies?  Speaking of, you can get a selfie stick for $5 from Rue 21!

2. Money

So you can buy awesome souvenirs, snacks and treats like froyo.

3. Board and/or card games 

For the game night you totally have been wanting to have forever.

4. Sunscreen and sunglasses.

5. Large beach towels, a folding chair, and umbrella .

6. A variety of shoes. 

Casual flip-flops to walk on the beach, cute sandals for when you want to look nice, and tennis shoes in case you want to go on a run or explore the town.

7. A variety of bathing suits

Especially if you’re staying longer than a weekend! Charlotte Russe has $10 and $12 swimwear, and Rue 21 has buy 1 get 1 for $5.

8. A mix of tees and shorts. 

Casual, sporty and dressy so you’ll be prepared for any occasion.

9. Sundresses and skirts 

Because why not look cute on vacation?

10. Light jacket or sweatshirt 

For those windy days.

11. On-the-beach games and activities

Think frisbee, Kanjam, a kite, or football.

12. A book or magazine.

13. Makeup and hair care bag

Fill it with the bare essentials, especially if you’re flying somewhere or have limited space in your bag. 

14. Bathroom essentials

Dont forget shaving cream and travel size body wash, shampoo and conditioner, because ain’t nobody got room for full size bottles.

15. A small pillow and travel blanket.

Kaitlan is currently a senior, English major with a concentration in professional writing and a minor in communications at Appalachian State University. She is the Sigma Tau Delta Alpha Lambda Alpha president and the Mountaineer Hall Treasurer. This is her second year writing for HC.