What Does Your Blood Type Say About You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Hello, my name is Bonnie and I am a Libra.

While we tend to ask “What is your zodiac sign?” here, people on the other hemisphere, especially in Asia, tend to ask another question. Instead, it is common to ask “What is your blood type?” And the reason is most likely not even related to blood drives.

There is a common superstition that blood type can be used to predict a person’s personality. This categorization is thought to have originated and developed in Japan, where studies claim to back it up with proof. There are even some companies in the country that will perform blood tests to determine what jobs applicants would be suitable for.

Enough of that background info….Scroll down to find your blood type and see if you match the predicted traits!

Type A: The Role Model

●       Presence of mind, serious, patient, calm & cool

●       Kind and compassionate individuals who put others’ interests and needs before their own

●       Excellent listeners and make good friends

●       Plan everything out beforehand

●       Try to be fair and find the ideal outcome to any situation

●       Even though they get along with others quite well, it is often achieved at expense of their own balance and happiness

●       Skilled in the arts

●       Apparently do best with vegetarian diets

●       Ideal jobs: Programmers, accountants, writers or librarians

●       Most compatible with: Other Type A or Type AB

Type B: The Rebel People-Person

●       Creative, fun, emotionally strong, optimistic, opinionated, independent, unconventional

●       Passionate and curious individuals cannot be tamed

●       Stay true to themselves no matter what the rest of the world says

●       Have a hard time multitasking

●       Strong drive to be the best at whatever they do

●       Really good at deciphering body language

●       Animal-lovers

●       Strong immune system

●       Ideal jobs: Detective, Journalist, Artist, Crafts person, Psychiatrist

●       Most compatible with: Other Type B or Type AB

Type AB: The Freedom Lover

●       Gentle and emotionally sensitive

●       Unpredictable individuals with quirk and energy

●       Some of the most interesting people one could meet

●       Very adaptive, ranging from being very fun and going on risky adventures to being very smart and having intellectual conversations

●       Although they will provide entertainment at the workplace, they are not that dependable

●       Usually interested in the arts

●       Considered to be the most selfish blood type since people with this blood type can accept blood donations from all other blood types, but can’t give to anyone except for other AB’s

●       Ideal jobs: Public Relations, Company Manager, Negotiator, Teacher, Attorney

●       Most compatible with: Other Type AB

Type O: The Hero for Everything

●       Natural people person, usually the “cheerleader” of the group

●       Confident, competitive, hard-working

●       Honest, expressive, optimistic,

●       Very flexible and forgiving, adapts easily to change

●       More vulnerable to destructive behaviors when overly tired, depressed or bored

●       Ideal jobs: Accountant, Politician, Business/Sales, Therapist, Minister

●       Most compatible with: everyone (There’s a reason why O is the universal blood type. Fine. O negative*. )

Try to go around and guess your friends’ blood types! Now I shall leave you with a bad joke:

Two blood cells met each other and fell in love… but it was all in vein.

Bonnie is a sophomore at Amherst College. Even though she studies statistics, she is interested in technology, pediatric medicine, dentistry, education, and public health.  She spends most of her day trying out new things, like eating an ice cream cone while biking or looking for ways to climb onto campus building roofs. "All over the place" would be the best way to describe her. 
Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.