Home is Less Than A Week Away

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Going home means….seeing my friends after eleven months of missing each other and feeling a bit anxious on the flight. But, ultimately, going home means…

1. Knowing every street name

2. Visiting elementary, middle, and high school teachers

3. Strolling around parks that hold so many memories

4. Biking on streets that are not Route 9 or 116

5. Getting a break from Val

I don’t usually have many complaints about dining hall food, but if you all knew how amazing my mom is at cooking, you would miss it a lot.

6. Cooking with family and friends

The ingredients to fun cooking are great kitchen space, great company, great music, and no recipe.

7. Sleepovers/movie night

There is just so much to catch up on, daylight’s worth of time enough time, so we’ll carry conversations throughout the night. Gotta get the most out of an annual visit home.

8. Doing the touristy things I never did but was expected out of me

9. Reuniting with good weather

10. Not having to share bathrooms with too many people

I mean I adore my floormates and all, but you know…

11. Not having to wear shower shoes

12. Remembering the familiar and distinctive smell of home

13. Walking my friends’ dogs <3

14. Studying for midterms following break

Just why.

15. Still unable to leave the troubles of homework

I’m always trying to get ahead, but I can barely make it through

I know that Thanksgiving break will pass by way too quickly, but I’ll try to enjoy it as much as I can.

Bonnie is a sophomore at Amherst College. Even though she studies statistics, she is interested in technology, pediatric medicine, dentistry, education, and public health.  She spends most of her day trying out new things, like eating an ice cream cone while biking or looking for ways to climb onto campus building roofs. "All over the place" would be the best way to describe her.